Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • That IBIS PSA – anyone get wheels with 142×12 adaptors they don't need?
  • Alex

As mine – although advertised as 142×12 – are 135×10 🙁 Which would mak them rattle a bit in the back of the mega 😉 2Pure are trying to sort it but are not sure if they have any spares. They’ve been great – no beef with them, these things happen just looks like a rogue entry in the stock system.

So… anyone got any 142×12 for the rear hub? Happy to pay for them. Might be able to get some from ibis direct but with shipping from the US makes these wheels look a lot less like a bargain. They do look great tho so I’d like to keep them if I can.

Trailseeker
    Free Member

Which hubs are they Novatec or Speedtuned?
    I have some of the later in 142 & I need 135

rudyard197
    Free Member

Just had the same problem with mine. Meant to be QR and turned out to be bolt through. Would need to check but think the superstar adaptors fit (read somewhere that they are novatec/ joytech hubs).

Alex

Novatec.. (ibis branded).. I defo have 135 Trailseeker!

Rud – interesting, I’ll have a look a SS Spares but would rather do a swap so both parties are happy.

Alex

Dropped you a mail trailseeker

Alex

Ah no I see in my haste you have the Speedtuned. That’s not going to work. Back to square one.

Anyone else?

Rosss
    Free Member

What do you think to the Ibis hubs and wheels overall Alex? I’ve just ordered a set in 135×10. I’m not sure when they will turn up but the listing said a maxle and extra adaptors are included so if on the off chance I get 142 as well your ore than welcome to them. I expect they’ll take a couple of days to arrive

Alex

Thanks Rosss. If they do, that’d be fantastic. The wheels look good. Nicely built from what I can see with red nipples. Both wheels spin very freely and flow rims are great in my experience.

Guess they weigh about the same as Hope EVOs. And at about a third of the cost so assuming the hubs have some longevity, hard to see anything to complain about.

Rosss
    Free Member

Just what I wanted to hear, as long as they aren’t too heavy i’m sure we’re onto a winner. I’ll email you directly if I do get a spare set, if not best of luck finding some

Alex

Bump for the evening crowd

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

I got a pair last week look good but alloy nipples are prone to breaking generally so will see how they last. Also nipples look like they have seen a spoke key so perhaps they have been re tensioned.
    As mentioned above the hubs (front at least) are the same as superstar switch. I replaced my 20mm front adaptors with 15mm from superstar I expect the rear would swap ok
    Rims well proven flows came with yellow tape fitted. Free hub is a lot quieter than a pro 2 if that’s good or bad!? Pick up seems fine will see how they go. For the money there good value.
    Weighed them when they arrived on decent scales at work 1800grams

Alex

Cheers for that NCB – yeah the alloy nipples look great but we’ll see how they go. I’ll go look at those switch hubs and see if the adaptors look ‘right’.

Alex

Hmm no that’s an axle swap. I just need the end caps. Both the Tesla and Evo look close, but not sure if they are the same. I’ve dropped them an email to ask.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

The fronts I ordered were for the switch hubs. Perfect fit

granny_ring

Cheers OP ordered some Arch wheels with 15mm front hub and rear XT. Looks like 20mm adapters in box too. Weigh 1775g (without rear qr, forgot to include that :roll:)

amedias
    Free Member

bump…

I’ve got a rear one of these, IBIS branded novatec rear, with Arch rim, mine is a 142×12 axle, could really do with a 135mm xAnything.

Anyone need a swap, or know where axle parts can be sourced?

Matt

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘That IBIS PSA – anyone get wheels with 142×12 adaptors they don't need?’ is closed to new replies.