Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • That Hulk film with Ed Norton
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Is flippin’ rubbish. I’m watching it now and it’s the least imaginantive pile of hackneyed derivative tosh I’ve ever seen. Hasn’t even finished, and I’ve opened up STW.

z1ppy

Total rubbish, I agree

Alek
    Free Member

Pile of cr@p.

twinklydave

’tis pants

rather be watching that than “she’s the man” though – currently on our tv 🙁

if i had wireless i’d be somewhere else…

kimbers

i thought it was ok

it is a film about a man who turns into a giant green erm hulk when he gets angry

what are you hoping for?

zaskar
    Free Member

I thought it was ok but the ending sucked like a lemon.

He should have killed the baddy monster and went on the run like the 70’s thing and finished with Betty properly.

Then get picked on by some rednecks at the end-Hulk time…

Didn’t need Tony crappy iron man.

Black
    Free Member

Thought it was okay.

kimbers

i actualy really liked the eric bana one, tho his dad the monster at the end was a bit naff

everyone else seems to hate it tho

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Considering what it is, and the restrictions that implies I think it’s okay. Bit dour but okay.

nickc

Yeah Kimbers you loser, that version was shite…

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s basically an adventure with monsters in it – the scope for imaginative story is endless, and what do we get? A film made up of nothing but the MOST overused cliches in action movies over the last 30 years.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

….bloody lag

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

molgrips – Member
    It’s basically an adventure with monsters in it

Is it really? So you’ve looked at and considered 40+ years of the hulk across its many mediums in popular culture and your conclusion is it’s basically an adventure with monsters?. I thought it was a story about mans struggle with his inner demons myself….hey ho. The Hulk I mean, not just that one film.

the scope for imaginative story is endless, and what do we get? A film made up of nothing but the MOST overused cliches in action movies over the last 30 years.

Could you give an example of what you might have done?

molgrips
    Free Member

Is it really?

I mean the film was just a monster story. I know of but have not sampled the many other works involving the Hulk, so I was only talking about this exact film. Sorry 🙂

I thought it was a story about mans struggle with his inner demons myself….hey ho. The Hulk I mean, not just that one film.

Yep, I’m happy to appreciate that. Just not as if written by a 10 year old (as in that particular film). I’m quite open to the idea, having watched the other one too (and enjoyed it a bit more).

Could you give an example of what you might have done?

Not right now, no. I’m at work, and can’t really dedicate a few hours to whipping up a quick screenplay 🙂

I could probably do better tho. I mean the film was just weak. Why do the soldiers just keep shooting at him constantly even when they know it’s not going to do any good? Why, if the General wants to take Banner alive with the tranquilisers does he then throw every weapon he can at him to try and kill the Hulk? The baddie soldier was pathetically scripted – soldiers JUST DON’T TALK LIKE THAT especially to their superior officers. I mean the film had nothing to interest me. Monster gets found, monster fight, banner goes home, monster fight, monster win. That’s about it.

All that money and they can’t even be bothered to put a bit of thought into the screenplay.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Im not excusing the film, it’s not a great film by any standards but….you have to consider that the hulk is a massive, I mean billion, maybe even multi billion dollar brand. Any film is going to have a huge amount of scrutiny poured over every single aspect of it’s development and production. Which is ironically the best way to make a crap film.

It seems fairly obvious now looking at TDK and Batman Begins that that is how you do a comic book movie, but prior to the Batman Begins many people were extremely sceptical about the film’s chances of success. Marvel films are a relatively new studio, they lucked out with Ironman. They need to mature and have the confidence to trust someone to be creative with the property ( which considering they were already burned by Ang Lee probably wont happen any time soon).

kimbers

The Ang Lee one is a good film, its just got a naff ending

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

kimbers
    The Ang Lee one is a good film,

Oh…I dunno about that.

cRaNkEnStEin
    Free Member

To all those that didn’t like it, two words… Liv Tyler. Nuff said

molgrips
    Free Member

Any film is going to have a huge amount of scrutiny poured over every single aspect of it’s development and production. Which is ironically the best way to make a crap film.

Agreed. Money does seem to be the curse of the film industry. Although having said that, there are some good big budget movies around. I think the money gets in peoples way though – I mean it seems so simple: write a good story, and make it. There’s no shortage of writing talent in the world, but they never even get so much as a credit apart from a few tiny words at the end.

I think Hollywood often doesn’t see the wood for the trees.

kimbers

sadly money is the bottom line

no hollywood studio wants to take a risk with a big budget film coz it will screw their balance sheet if it tanks

so they play it safe, dull, and predictable almost every single frackin time

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah but there are some big budget films that are good. Transformers was ace, for example. Alright, it was fun and entertaining, even though it had somewhat wandering direction at times. But it was much better than some of the dross that comes out. Why? It’s just not good enough Hollywod.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘That Hulk film with Ed Norton’ is closed to new replies.