Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • That Halfords ad that is shot on Boxhill – something's not quite right
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

Here is the video:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HNdObl46C1M#t=20[/video]

At exactly 20 seconds in, there is a panoramic shot of one of the zig zags and something just isn’t quite right. I can’t place where they are on the hill; I think it must be the first hairpin but either they are going the wrong way (in the direction they are moving they would be going down) or else it’s like you’re looking at that scene as if through a mirror.

Based on this image, I am sure it’s the first hairpin as you can see the tall tree on the corner in both images.

I know you can fliip the perspective of photographs. Can you do the same with video?

wwaswas

You can tell it’s filmed in Surrey, the 2nd MTBer has a dab riding down a 6ft slope…

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I know you can fliip the perspective of photographs. Can you do the same with video?

Yep.

Sui
    Free Member

that’s the first hairpin, you can see Dorking in the Background. They have taken the shot from the dug out spectator area dug out for the Olympics,

edit – your “still” is correct, not so sure about the video though.

Jamie
    Free Member

Sui
    Free Member

Jamie is genius..

Jamie
    Free Member

No, no he is not. Trust me on this. I know the guy. Bit of a tool, as it goes.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Jamie is genius..

He bloody is isn’t he! Spent far too long trying to work it out!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member
    You can tell it’s filmed in Surrey, the 2nd MTBer has a dab riding down a 6ft slope…

You live in the “north”, don’t you?

How tiresome.

wwaswas

Hove is ‘the North’ for someone, I suppose.

brooess
    Free Member

More importantly, you can play ‘spot the bit of the Surrey Hills’ with every photo on the Genesis Bikes website 🙂 There’s def some BKB and some Yoghurt Pots in there, and some Peaslake Stores just out of shot.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

That’s a brilliant advert, first time I’ve seen it.

I went up Box Hill yesterday afternoon as it happens. One of the guys with us despite being a very experienced cyclist bizarrely had never cycled up it, only down he claimed – which I took as meaning via the other side to Zig Zag Rd. He seemed a little apprehensive – it’s funny how people are nervous of Box Hill before doing it and yet even inexperienced cyclists can handle it fairly easily imo.

I have no idea of the perspective of the video as I’ve never looked at zig zag road from the grass slopes. It seems alright to me though.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member

Hove is ‘the North’ for someone, I suppose.

Oh. Sorry, my mistake. Bit more “rad” around Hove, is it? 😆

wwaswas

Bit more “rad” around Hove, is it?

Absolutely, Dog Poo Woods is gnarcore.

Or maybe I was just making a post based on the well known forum joke about riders from Surrey?

Rockape63
    Free Member

Or maybe I was just making a post based on the well known forum joke about riders from Surrey?

Oi…I resemble that remark! 👿

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘That Halfords ad that is shot on Boxhill – something's not quite right’ is closed to new replies.