Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • That Click programme on the BBC how the hell…
  • oldfart

Does that Spencer Kelly bloke get away with his licence payer funded globe trotting ? He was in Australia today doing some ” tech experiment” with a female beach volleyball player ! ( Not jealous ! ) but this is hardly a ratings grabbing show is it ! I only catch the end of it before BBC Breakfast , but he goes all over the globe to shows , all I can think is the bean counters haven’t caught up with him yet ? Counted 14 people credited at the end as well 🙁
    While I’m at it what do those other bods on Steve Wright do in between spouting inane crap once an hour ? The Old Woman Janey Lee Grace Tim Smith et al ? Thought the beeb were cutting back allegedly ? Is there somewhere / one who is accountable to have a pop at anyone know ?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ohh i quite like your rant there Sir.

Have to agree wholeheartedly 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I presumed it was filmed as a series, so they’d spend a week in Oz, week in China, Japan, India, Korea, etc, then come back to London to edit it.

Either that or the gadget manufacturers pay for it, probably costs little more to fly him and a few people out than it would to fly a guy to London to demo the gadget to him?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Click is made by BBC World, which is privately run and funded. It doesn’t cost license fee payers anything.

that’s why.

MartynS

As mentioned click is wholly funded by BBC world, you’re actually not paying a penny for it.

The lot of the Steve Wright show, inbetween the bits where they aren’t on they’ll be writing, editing or researching their next bit.

I don’t blame you for being annoyed at the Steve Wright show though…

oldfart

Thanks folks 🙂

phiiiiil

What does Steve Wright himself do in the 90% of the programme that is just jingles?

matt_bl
    Free Member

Serious jockin’, serious tossbag more like. I’ve changed my work hours so that Steve Wright has finished by the time i get in the car.

Worst show on any BBC channel.

Matt

shifter
    Free Member

Who pays BBC World?

martinhutch

Advertising and subscription

shifter
    Free Member

Yeah I just got that on Wiki. Does that mean BBC news subscribes? As in, pays? Or does BBC World News give it away?

martinhutch

People in foreign countries subscribe, plus there are commercial buyers – airlines pay for it to run on in-flight channels, hotels buy it, that kind of thing.

totalshell

steve wright.. seriously worst radio programme on R2.. lazy and outdated rubbish.. serious jocking… serious rubbish.. crispy bacon a much better geezer.. give him a show

MartynS

Yeah I just got that on Wiki. Does that mean BBC news subscribes? As in, pays? Or does BBC World News give it away?

If you mean does the news channel and breakfast pay to show click (and reporters for that matter) no, just as stuff is given to BBC world news by BBC news if they want it.

martinhutch

seriously worst radio programme on R2

Now that’s saying something. It’s still frigging annoying how they pack the schedules with ‘sounds of the bloody sixties’ and Elaine Paige’s weird laugh, or Paul O’Grady talking about dogs and playing utter shite whenever I have to drive somewhere at the weekend.

CountZero

steve wright.. seriously worst radio programme on R2.. lazy and outdated rubbish.. serious jocking… serious rubbish.. crispy bacon a much better geezer.. give him a show

You mean RadMac on 6Music have been lying when they said it had shut down! Oh, the shame… 😉

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘That Click programme on the BBC how the hell…’ is closed to new replies.