Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • That calories programme last night.
  • zippykona

Are they saying the couple that exercised for an hour burnt 800 calories in the whole morning or just in that hour?
    That would mean as they are supposedly burning 100 calories an hour doing nothing an hours exercise burns 300 calories.
    If the figure was just for an hour they would have burnt 1300 calories in the morning which beats the cleaners.
    I’m confused.

theotherjonv

Yep, I picked that up as well.

They also failed to highlight that rather than burning off the 600 calories breakfast (and let’s be honest, 600cals is a small fry up in my book), the point of doing 600 cals of exercise is so you feel OK about eating 800 cals of Greggs straight afterwards.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Clearly aimed at the Sofa Set, who lets face it will buy one less bag of crisps today and tomorrow but then revert back to Type thereafter.. 🙄

hooli

I tuned in when they were explaining that the bloke who sat on the sofa all morning used 600 calories just keeping himself alive as he was a big lad.

As I am bigger than him, I must be burning even more calories so I went to the kitchen and grabbed a handful of sweets, 6 chocolate hobnobs and a beer before watching something more interesting 😆

DrP

I liked the jet-powered biscuit.
    I want some of them…

DrP

br
    Free Member

the point of doing 600 cals of exercise is so you feel OK about eating 800 cals of Greggs straight afterwards.

🙂

At a previous place of work I had a small team and one of them was a girl in her late 20’s; less than 5ft tall and +20 stone.

Her idea of exercise was walking to the canteen to buy snacks – and she quite easily justified (in her head) that she’d done enough exercise to mean that she could eat the snacks…

theotherjonv

My wife didn’t like my suggestion that merely by doing more housework, she could get slimmer. Then i’d have a really fit wife and a clean house.

That was the outcome wasn’t it?

slowoldman

If the figure was just for an hour they would have burnt 1300 calories in the morning which beats the cleaners.

I think the point is they wouldn’t do vigorous exercise all morning.

My dad was a racing snake and strong as an ox. I never saw him do any “working out”. He just dug the garden for hours on end. Oh and dug coal for a living when it was done with shovels.

I thought the programme was very sensible.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘That calories programme last night.’ is closed to new replies.