Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • That BW that turns into FP (Malham Tarn to Arncliffe)
  • Called Monks Road according to the map.

Worth doing? Hostile farmers? Experiences welcome.

I'm up there next week, thought about that as an alternative to Mastiles Lane.

nbt

the farmer was extremely hostile but it was legally opened as a bridleway about four years ago after a couple of decades or arguing. bland and so-so over the top but fantastic descent at the end pays it off 🙂

Are you sure we're talking about the same route? I thought the one to Arncliffe Cote had access problems in the past.

Just checking.

nbt

oops, maybe not,. let me check the map

nbt

The monk's road comes out in Arncliffe, it is still marked as a footpath for the last part (from Dew bottoms to arncliffe), but was definitely upgraded to bridleway. Not aware of any problems on the path to Arncliffe cote

pennine
    Free Member

It's still a FP between Dew Bottoms and Arncliffe. BW from Street Gate to Arncliffe Cote is fine

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

The path changes from BW to FP as it crossing a parish boundary.

You are not missing much to be honest, (part of it is tarmac). It does go right through a farmers land and he's not too keen on MTBers using it .

There is a perfectly legal and far more intresting trail(imho) to follow up and over Arncliffe Cote that brings you out less than a mile an half away on the road out of Arncliffe.

It starts at the same point but heads away and up Noth East(as opposed to North).

amodicumofgnar

That the one from the IMBA UK Malham thing a few years back where the farmer turned everyone back?

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

That the one from the IMBA UK Malham thing a few years back where the farmer turned everyone back?

thats the one

Arncliffe Cote route it is then. Thanks.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

my understanding was that as a result of the challenge, the bridleway classification of the section through the farm was downgraded to FP 🙁

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘That BW that turns into FP (Malham Tarn to Arncliffe)’ is closed to new replies.