Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • That Boostinator thing
  • Gunz
    Free Member

Maybe I’m confused but wouldn’t fitting one of these to the front wheel mean that you would have to re-dish it, ending up with a weaker offset front wheel and negating the minimal benefits.

scotroutes

You will have to re-dish. The spoke tensions will be more even (ds to nds) but you’re obviously not getting the benefit of the wider hub.

kimbers

There are benefits to boost ?!?

thepodge
    Free Member

It says you’ll have to dish the wheel between the first and second pictures

warpcow
    Free Member

The benefit of the Boostinator is surely separate from the claimed benefits of Boost? The only benefit of the Boostinator is that you can continue to use whatever nice wheels you may already have with your snazzy, new Boost frame and forks.

Gotama
    Free Member

I’ve got the hope one mounted at the moment which does the same thing at the front. The front wheel sits off centre which looks odd when you look at it but don’t notice it when riding. Given lindarets are making the disk spacer with longer bolts I don’t understand why they didn’t make one for the front as well which would then let you run the wheel in a central position and a lot easier than re-dishing the wheel.

ahwiles
    Free Member

…There are benefits to boost ?!?

…the claimed benefits of Boost…

there’s a lot of skepticism around boost, which is probably a healthy thing.

The difference between boost and 135mm*, is bigger than the difference between 135 and 130.

any boost skeptics happy to go back to 130?

(*and it’s 142mm evolution)

Northwind

Gotama – Member

I’ve got the hope one mounted at the moment which does the same thing at the front. The front wheel sits off centre which looks odd when you look at it but don’t notice it when riding. Given lindarets are making the disk spacer with longer bolts I don’t understand why they didn’t make one for the front as well which would then let you run the wheel in a central position and a lot easier than re-dishing the wheel.

It’ll be a little lighter doing it this way. But yeah, that’s how I thought people would go about it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘That Boostinator thing’ is closed to new replies.