Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • That book should be a film!
  • King-ocelot
    Free Member

What books have you read that would make great films? who would you cast in certain roles? Who to direct? Etc…

Apologise if this has been done before 🙂

I would love to see ‘in the company of liars’ (Karen Maitland) made into a film. Also I’ve always wanted ‘blood meridian’ to be a film too, Coens to direct, No country for old men was a superb adaptation of Mcarthys novel. I have never seen anyone to play the Judge, then I saw a fogetable horror film starring a wrestler named Cane, he has a physical presence to match The Judge, If he could act he would be perfect.

SaxonRider
    racefaceec90

i remember reading this at secondary school found it pretty hilarious (i think that there is a film serial though on youtube that someone’s done though) 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Garry_Lager

Thought Blood Meridian was on the slate as the next Mcarthy adaption?

There’s a horror book called ‘House of Leaves’ by Mark Danielewski (sp?) that would make a good film if it’s not already been done. It was a very ambitious first novel and the author had some sort of film background IIRC, so it’s a certainty that he had a film in mind when he wrote it.

If you’ve not read it it’s worth picking up – the story is split in two and one part is a real failure (IMHO), but the other is brilliant. I think he intended all sorts of metanarratives to link the two parts but it doesn’t really work. The straight horror writing is exceptional though.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Shike

RealMan
    Free Member

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0983189/

2015 apparently.

Peace and war would make a pretty cool film. Noughts and crosses too – a 4 book series about a world where black people are the upper class and white people are treated badly.

maccruiskeen

The Third Policeman (obviously)

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

The Bible. Might be a bit far fetched though.

maccruiskeen

i remember reading this at secondary school

I remember one of my school mate choosing it as the book he’d give a talk to the class about in our 2nd Year English class. Everytime he (quite innocently it seemed) mentioned the main protagonist’s name the teacher had a look on her face like someone had dropped a scaffold tube in the room.

takisawa2

“A Scientific Romance” by Ronald Wright (IIRC).

BoardinBob

“Glamorama”

They took a stab at it a few years ago but it never got off the ground. Would be nigh on impossible to film but I’d like to see someone try. Chris Nolan in the directors seat please

rusty-bike
    Free Member

“Man on Fire” So disappointed when the film came out a few years back. They’d taken an excellent story and Americanized it. What was wrong with sticking to the book (which was set in Italy)?

headfirst
    Free Member

Any Carl Hiaasen book.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Vulcan 607

Excellent true story and would have the benefit of the film funding XH558 for a bit as they could use it for filming

dickydutch

Shantaram. Although rumor has it Johnny Depp has already bought the rights to it so could well be in the pipeline!

jimc101
    Free Member

Any Carl Hiaasen book.

Agree, but they would need to do a better job than Striptease with Demi Moore

FG
    Free Member

Surface Detail.

Going to See Iain Banks tonight 😀

Torminalis
    Free Member

I read Blood Meridian on the recomendation of this forum whilst I was on holiday. Was so good I read it twice. Excellent recomendation, cheers all.

Would be very hard to cast the Judge, I hope they don’t make a movie.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘That book should be a film!’ is closed to new replies.