Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • That awkward moment at a party….
  • jimmy

It’s like working (or being) in the Bike Chain back in the day. “see her there…”

Junkyard
    Free Member

no as I dont know him but have met you

scotroutes

igm, you’ve met Junkyard, he’s met me, I’ve met Matt. That’s only 3 degrees of separation.

MrOvershoot

I don’t know MattOAB but I have met him!

Think it was Stanage causeway I was going down it as he was going up, IIRC he was not in a good mood as there were no trains back to Sheffield and they had planned on a ride out train back sort of trip.

This was probably 9 years ago?

iainc

I met matt at drumlanrig on a stw ride I organised. Wasn’t a party, did I miss out ? 😀

Then again, I rode with scotroutes 2 weeks later, so all was not lost… 🙂

LD
    Free Member

I’ve been to two parties with Matt, his 40th and mine. Do I win?

tazzymtb

This is like the modern forum forum equivalent of folks who may have met the legendary attention vortex of tollah. 😀

jekkyl

Maybe all the people who have met Matt_oab should all get T-shirts and form an internet forum for like minded people.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I met Matt once at Comrie, I was there with Onion and househusband, we had camped and had a fire. Is this STW enough yet? Hip flasks may have been passed around too but I think it was before the Aeropress.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Matt(puts it) out and about…

Did you leave before or after the hole in the wall incident?

For the record I correctly ID’d Moab’s bike in a carpark before outing him!

Xylene
    Free Member

It was Matt trousers who my ex-gf had her hands down, this may or may not be true.

TimP
    Free Member

I had to go up to a man in lycra and ask if he was “old and past it”. Luckily he was, but he was still faster than me 🙁

Kunstler

Matt is omni present in all parts of the southern Highlands . Like a welcoming party host.

The Bike Chain was STW’s portal into the real world.

Kryton57

toxicsoks – Member
    A lot of my “biking buddies” we’re met on biking forums. Worryingly, the majority were via bikemagic.com…
    :/

I think thats the first time you’ve referred to me in a word of more than four letters.

scotroutes

The Bike Chain was STW’s portal into the real world.

Assuming Mark was the Gatekeeper, that would make me the Keymaster

Although……

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

“You come across as much older (and bitter) on the forum”

matt_outandabout

.It was Matt trousers who my ex-gf had her hands down, this may or may not be true.

Do you know Mr_oab as well?

In a related…

A new neighbor was in our lounge in Sheffield, and commented that the lady in a wedding pic on the wall was familiar… Turns out he was at school in India with my sister.. Even better, his parents were the house parents at the International school – and a picture of my grandparents was on the wall in the office as they had been first ever house parents at the school in the ’60s. Clearly the clan_oab have international status as ‘everyone knows’….

Bunnyhop

I once rode with several stwers. One being ‘big and daft’, he was a true gent when I rushed over and said “ah you’re big and daft”. 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘That awkward moment at a party….’ is closed to new replies.