Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • That Aussie Grit competition
  • epicyclo

I’m sure there’s plenty STWers suitable, so get your entries in. Tassie is a great place and that’s a great prize.

My daughter reckons this bit of dickheadedness qualifies me so I have been entered.

Am I Aussie enough?

I’d appreciate your vote if you agree. (Brian MacLeod)

(Or you can abuse me on this forum in true STW fashion, but make sure you enter if you like the idea because there’s no way they’ll pick an unphotogenic fossil like me)

augustuswindsock

You’ll get my vote!

epicyclo

8 Votes so far. Thanks folks. 🙂

scuttler

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hmm linky dead for me but if you make it come round to pub for 10 schooners and some pie. Not this week though it’s miserable weather.

epicyclo

mikewsmith – Member
    Hmm linky dead for me but if you make it come round to pub for 10 schooners and some pie. Not this week though it’s miserable weather.

Try this link

Have been known to have a beer or two – especially Tassie’s finest. 🙂

epicyclo

mikewsmith – Member
    …By tassie finest I hope you don’t mean boags or cascade….

I lived in Queensland. Anything was better than XXXX. 🙂

My son (who used to live in Tasmania) educated me about that and provided suitable alternatives. I would need re-education though. 🙂

martinhutch

Surprised there haven’t been more piss-take entries! ‘Aussie Grit’ seems a bit self-reverential for the UK market.

Nice prize though. Though I’d be a bit worried about my actual (compared to claimed) level of grit being found wanting in real life once I got on the trails with Webber.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Good prize though, sure me and Kiwi could blag our way along there (well the wine experience could be him and the whiskey probably involves some mates of mine)

epicyclo

martinhutch – Member
    Surprised there haven’t been more piss-take entries! ‘Aussie Grit’ seems a bit self-reverential for the UK market.

Nice prize though. Though I’d be a bit worried about my actual (compared to claimed) level of grit being found wanting in real life once I got on the trails with Webber.
    I read “Aussie Grit” as dickhead moments, ie when you know you shouldn’t, but…. 🙂

I wouldn’t have a chance of keeping up with Webber. It’s the sort of thing young MiniPips or someone like Lee Craigie should win. Both fine exemplars of grit rather than dickhead.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

nah that’s a hold my beer mate moment 😉

The true aussie grit is getting in and out of something tough for me it would probably be when I was last at Derby trying to race in a Thunderstorm

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘That Aussie Grit competition’ is closed to new replies.