Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • That advert for Cycling Time Trials >>>. Anyone else tempted ?
  • I’ve been thinking about having a bash at TTing for a while.
    http://www.theraceoftruth.org.uk/ looks like it’s specifically aimed at beginners, riding whatever bike they’ve got, so I probably wouldn’t look too out of place on a cross bike.

I do reasonably well in MTB events, but then MTBing attracts a lot of chubby duffers, so it’s not too hard for a slightly less chubby duffer to look good in comparison.
    Going up against a load of elite racing snakes could well be a different matter altogether.
    There’s a few clubs round here, Wyre Forest, Stourbridge, Worcester, Redditch etc.
    A lot of events seem to be midweek evenings. That’s no good to me on shifts, so I’ll see if I can find some weekend ones.

TiRed

Going up against a load of elite racing snakes could well be a different matter altogether.

You are only going up against yourself 😉 . Club TTs normally have a pay on the night option and are very cheap.

Try a Cat4 closed circuit road race if you fancy “competition”.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Here here for club TTs. Usually find a friendly bunch on all sorts of bikes and you wouldn’t look out of place on just a normal road bike (or a CX bike for that matter.) A word of warning though, they are quite addictive.

trail_rat
    Free Member

“Try a Cat4 closed circuit road race if you fancy “competition” total mental carnage”

thats what always put me off road racing – having to battle in the lower leagues just to stay upright.

its a much more civalised affair with folks being group aware once you get into 3rd cat.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘That advert for Cycling Time Trials >>>. Anyone else tempted ?’ is closed to new replies.