Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • That adjustable pliers, wrench, spanner tool that was on the front page.
  • robh

There was a pliers tool reviewed on the front page a while ago does anyone remember the name I’m struggling to search for it.

Mugboo

Knipex plier wrench. Which reminds me, I forgot to buy one!

househusband

Yeah… I had to seek that one out a couple of weeks ago but I came to the sad yet pragmatic conclusion that it was an item I wanted more than needed

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I bought the biggest version from Amazon Warehouse Deals for £36.. definitely a want rather than need as per househusband..

iain1775
    Free Member

There was a thread on here with a link to German amazon where it was about half the price
    I had it on my Xmas list but wife didn’t buy it me, went on German site last week and they are no longer shipping it to UK 🙁 so it’s too expensive to justify for the occasional use it will probably get
    I’m now refusing to fit the new sink in the bathroom, as “I don’t have the tool I asked for for Christmas to make it easier” 😉

It’s probably the 125mm one you want if you want to carry it round with you for trail side repairs
    Google ‘Knipex 86-03-125’

Amazon UK – http://www.amazon.co.uk/Knipex-Pliers-Wrench-Grips-125mm/dp/B00KCVDO9Q £38

Amazon Germany – http://www.amazon.de/Knipex-86-03-125-ZANGENSCHLUESSEL/dp/B00I8N282O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420230101&sr=8-1&keywords=Knipex+86+03+125
    32.49 Euros delivered (if they would)

robh

Cheers, there’s a need but not sure it’s more needed than perhaps a mole wrench.

JAG

They look just like Water Pump Pliers….

You might get Water Pump Pliers cheaper too 😀

Stoner
    Free Member

I’ve had a pair sat in my eBay list since the thread. Id love a pair, but can’t justify the price. 🙁

Mugboo

Group buy ?

tonyplym
    Free Member

150mm version for £30, but out of stock at the moment.

trail_rat
    Free Member

plywrenches are not waterpump pliers.

the secret is in the way the faces stay paralel as the handles are closed.

as above – i have no real need , or requirement , got several full sets of spanners for almost any task so it doesnt benifit me at all ….

as a trail tool its uses are limited since my bikes have no bolts on – except my alfine – but i just keep a 15mm ring spanner in the saddle bag on it for that.

but its still a nice tool, i want a set of bahco 8223s having borrowed one , its the ultimate coverall pocket tool for work – pliers for removing split pins , big flat face for knocking them out , and wrench for taking the bolts off shackles.

Stoner
    Free Member

have just had some successful ebay sales of surplus stuff so decided to treat myself.

Lovely bits of engineering. v tactile and superb tolerances. Should be a joy to use. The little one (£38 😯 ) is a perfect little house tool or trail tool, the 180mm (£45) is a good general purpose one. The jaws open wider than you’d expect on any other 180mm tool. If I hadnt sold some stuff for twice what I was expecting Im still not sure I would justify the cost to myself, but good tools is gud toolz!!!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’m sceptical as to how versatile a tool they would be in most environments. Car engine bays nowadays are so cramped its often a struggle to get a correct sized combination spanner into place.

I very seldom even use an adjustable spanner. The last time it was on some hydraulic fittings on the log splitter where access wasn’t an issue.

Stoner
    Free Member

I agree they’re not going to be much use in most engine bays (although I do have oodles of space in my landrover) but for plumbing work, general tinkering, technical bodging, and all-round fettlin’, having it to hand Im sure will be a help.

My prized tools are my halfords pro ratchet ring spanners however – real savers in tight spots.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘That adjustable pliers, wrench, spanner tool that was on the front page.’ is closed to new replies.