Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Thankyou Issue 57 :o)
  • maxray
    Free Member

I know the mag gets a fair bashing on here but for me it has been ace this month.

2 articles have added 2 extra bits of riding into my week which has to be good!

The "down your local" article inspired me to try and seek out some local trails (which in South Birmingham are few and far between) lo and behold I found 3 or 4 great trails through various gaps in trees etc along the canal including jumps the locals had been making and some really old wooden walkway over marshy ground.

The fitness article also inspired me to try and grab an extra bit of time out of the day for riding and so after a bit of a look at the map I should be able to backroad/canal it all the way from work in Leamington which will be a bonus 40k or so rather than the usual bike/train/bike.

Happy Days! 😀

rOcKeTdOg

which in South Birmingham are few and far between) lo and behold I found 3 or 4 great trails through various gaps in trees etc along the canal including jumps the locals had been making and some really old wooden walkway over marshy ground.

tell me more!

maxray
    Free Member

🙂 Where are you based rocketdog?

rOcKeTdOg

at various times Bromsgrove/Redditch/Warwick

maxray
    Free Member

Ah probably out of your way then. I live in Kings heath so it was more round an about that sort of area. I am trying to make a decent loop of urban single track to avoid having to drive to go riding. I am going to start plotting all the good bits I find on a googlemap and try and link them together.

I could do with finding some other people who are really local to me to combine knowledge i reckon.

NormalMan

I really enjoyed the 'down your local' bit too.

The 'Adam's Apple' article made me smile also.

IamSam
    Free Member

Aye!!

Another bought of praise for the 'down your local' bit made me go off exploring last night on the way home from work and find loads of really steep wooden steps………………………which I had to carry the bike up! this does mean that next time I can try them the other way round though.

Cheers guys for the Mag really enjoy it and also enjoy reading the posts from all the haters, it makes my working day a little more interesting

🙂

Dave
    Free Member

Thanks for that :o)

good to hear a bit of inspiration has paid off ……

dave360

I loved the Greg Herbold article. Quote of the week "I crumbled like a day old muffin" Style.

firestarter
    Free Member

i went out on the cx for my local trails but hunted around with a map and found another 4 options on my local two loops to swap and change and breathe some new life into old known trails 😉 good work fellas

snowslave

hear hear – great issue for sure. Whinge factor on this forum doth my bonce in veritably

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Thankyou Issue 57 :o)’ is closed to new replies.