Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • thanks wiggle….
  • ciderinsport
    Free Member

Due to your sportive on the isle of wight, several of us couldn’t get on the ferry….

We had a long day out planned, and having ridden 12 miles off road to get there, we didn’t want to wait over an hour to the next ferry!

The upside – as it was so **** hot, we would have died! And we saved the £13.60 the ferry would have cost! Spent it on cider instead 🙂

A change of plan that worked out after all, so thank you wiggle 🙂

40mpg

Yeah I was miffed about this as well. A nice big day out on the Isle of Wight for the club. Turn up at the ferry terminal to find the start of a Wiggle sportive, about 500 cyclists, then being told they couldnt fit any more on the ferry! No mention of this on the ferry website either 🙁

To make matters worse, a few of us had pre-booked tickets so could get on, the others told it would be an hours wait and still no guarantee of getting on! If Wiggle are going to fill an entire ferry (on a busy route) they really ought to arrange with the ferry company to lay on an additional sailing.

As it was, it looked like about a third of the sportive riders weren’t allowed on either, so they were going to be hanging round for an hour or so too (and presumable messing up their times for the ride).

Bit of a balls-up really.

zilog6128

Agree they really should have mentioned this on the ferry website, as you say all the sportive riders had pre-booked. On the other hand, it sounded like a great day out! I would have been there but all the places went yonks ago. Will book early next year!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jamiea
    Free Member

Shirley its UK Cycling Events you should be thanking / blaming, not the event sponsor?

Cheers,
    Jamie

40mpg

Shirley its UK Cycling Events you should be thanking / blaming, not the event sponsor?

Only saw Wiggle signage / pop-up / organisers in Wiggle t-shirts so they will bear the brunt of my internet-wrath!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Wightlink couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery.
    Totally useless forward planning, zero customer information, ridiculous pricing strategies, I could go on…..
    Rsholes had 9 years out of me commuting 👿

soma_rich
    Free Member

was a great sportive and you would have only had to wait 20 mins!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘thanks wiggle….’ is closed to new replies.