Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Thanks to the NHS (again)
  • bentandbroken

This is getting to be a habit. Less than 14 months since my last trip to A&E and I find myself with another broken bone

Once again I was treated quickly, efficiently, professionally and with empathy

Thanks guys and girls! (and that goes to the other emergency services as well even though I haven’t benefited from your services)

mrmoofo

Glad to hear you got good service.

Isn’t that what they are meant to do?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Isn’t that what they are meant to do?

Sometimes they go just that little bit further.

Recently I had cause to go to A&E in the small hours of the morning with a rather minor but very painful injury. I was genuinely surprised at the level of empathy I received and the good humour of the staff.

I could easily have forgiven them and understood if their “bedside manners” had been a tad less generous due to tiredness at an unearthly hour and the minor character of my injury, in fact I expected it, but I didn’t have to.

I left seriously impressed.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mrmoofo

Cool, so again, they did they job that they are trained, and paid for 🙂

Like about 70% of everyone employed …

maccruiskeen

Cool, so again, they did they job that they are trained, and paid for

Like about 70% of everyone employed …

Have you not met the employed? The employed, broadly speaking, only do just enough not to get sacked. 🙂
    The employed are a scourge.

hopefiendboy

some of the folk on here crack me up.

mrmoofo

Yup, I have met them , employed them , and sometimes had to sack them.

Are NHS staff any different? I really doubt they are – they are just a cross section of the public like everyone else …

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Cool, so again, they did they job that they are trained, and paid for

So you don’t understand the concept of providing a service beyond what is expected ?

After I left A&E in the small hours of the morning recently I felt that I had received more than just the basic medical attention which I had expected.

I’m grateful when people show politeness, helpfulness, generosity, kindness, etc, in whatever aspect of my daily life it affects. Perhaps you should be too.

mrmoofo

Yup – but I still say they were doing their job … or where they not meant to be there at that time?
    I am very grateful to everyone who gives me great service

Apparently you think everyone outside if the NHS are just, well, irrelevant …

DrP

…it would have been different if you were chatting on your phone, I bet…..

😉

DrP

Northwind

mrmoofo – Member

Apparently you think everyone outside if the NHS are just, well, irrelevant …

CountZero

Mrmoofo doesn’t seem to understand the difference between a job and a vocation.

Lazgoat
    Free Member

A friend’s little girl broke her arm the other night, the night before her birthday. Add well asgoing into theatre for a pin to stabilise the bones,She was given a couple of presents by the nurses on the ward. She was most chuffed with that!

mrmoofo

Mrmoofo doesn’t seem to understand the difference between a job and a vocation.

Your point is? Or is this some trendy lefty idea that people who chose a vocation are worth more than others? I wounder how society would work if we all just chose to work in vocations

bentandbroken

That did not go the way I expected!

So, just for the record: The staff at the hospital did more than their job IMHO. Even if they had only done their job I would still have said thank you to their face. As it was, I thought I would say thanks here as I know a few people in here work in the emergency services/NHS and I suspect see their fair share of rude/ungrateful people (there was one at the hospital yesterday, I have seen some in the past and I have seen a very violent incident in hospital corridor. On that basis I am not a trendy, hand wringing lefty liberal full of Daily Wail headlines, I am just basing things on my experiences)

I will say it again; Thanks Guys and Girls in the NHS/Emergency services 😀

Drac

It’s nice to know we are appreciated when doing our job. Thanks.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Required the hospital twice, once massively let down the other time was brilliant. So 50/50 split here…

maccruiskeen

Well…. I knew Alan Sugar rode a bike, but I didn’t realise he posted on here 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Your point is? Or is this some trendy lefty idea that……

The thought of CountZero being described as a lefty made me chuckle 🙂

This might come as a surprise to you mrmoofo, but even non-lefties can be appreciative of the vocational commitment of some professional people. Although obviously not in your case.

Woody
    Free Member

Lol @ mrmoofoo – it’s always entertaining when you et a genuine nob-end – even if it’s a troll 😆

nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

Another pointless thread! They did their job, big deal.

Whilst I’m here I’d like to thank Shell for selling me petrol today, you are great.

mrmoofo

Another pointless thread! They did their job, big deal.

Whilst I’m here I’d like to thank Shell for selling me petrol today, you are great.

I believe in thanking everyone , when a job is well done . So I would thank a nurse for a job well, done, but also a mechanic, the guy who mends my motorbikes , or the police, and guy who runs the thai take away across the road. But I was brought up with good manners 😆

So well done to the NHS guys for going their jobs well. Now, can we all all get on with the day

Lol @ mrmoofoo – it’s always entertaining when you et a genuine nob-end – even if it’s a troll

It’s always interesting to meet the inarticulate , who resort to name calling.
    TBH I thought this place was better than that …

nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

But the chances of them being on here are what?

althepal

Its nice to be nice. Whilst the folk that treated the OP prob wont be on here I personally appreciate the OP’s sentiments..

nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

I agree that it’s nice to be nice but it’s also pointless to post it on a forum, although that is the current trend. Go and get them a card and some chocolates or something, that will go down well.

It seems like a sympathy plea to me.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

nmdbasetherevenge – Member

Another pointless thread!

So presumably you only like to look at vital, indispensable, and necessary, threads ?

Now let me see if I can figure this out ……..a thread criticising the NHS for an A&E service falling below what is expected, would be an essential thread, but a thread praising the NHS for providing an A&E experience beyond what is expected, that would be a senseless one – am I right ?

Good luck at only clicking on the vital threads and avoiding the pointless ones nmdbasetherevenge.
    Life’s too short to waste on positive stuff when there is so much negative stuff to concentrate on – eh ? 🙂

Drac

I agree that it’s nice to be nice but it’s also pointless to post it on a forum

Some people like to share their experience that they’ve had in their lives, others only start threads selling items.

althepal

Lol.

nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

Now let me see if I can figure this out ……..a thread criticising the NHS for an A&E service falling below what is expected, would be an essential thread, but a thread praising the NHS for providing an A&E experience beyond what is expected, that would be a senseless one – am I right ?

No. The experience is what you would expect, isn’t it?

Some people like to share their experience that they’ve had in their lives, others only start threads selling items.

Why would I want to post my life experiences to a bunch of strangers on the internet?

I know!

Sharing my life with STW, will I die 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’d like to thank the nobends for being themselves….unpaid,it’s a vocation.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I had cause to be very thankful to the NHS recently for saving the life of my seven week old son. I didn’t post it here because comments like mrmoofo’s above would take away more than the increase of my faith in humanity after our experience. I truly cannot understand the need some people here have to shit all over someone’s good experiences and their desire to share them.

As for ernie’s experience, I’ve had similar when turning up twice with frankly stupid injuries I’d inflicted on myself through carelessness at work. I’ve never had anything other than excellent treatment both professional and pastoral.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I see that you keep coming back to have a peek at this thread nmdbasetherevenge ……..even though it’s “pointless” 🙂

Oops ….you’ve done it again – haven’t you ? !

Woody
    Free Member

It’s always interesting to meet the inarticulate , who resort to name calling.

I would love the time (I’m at work, so time is rather limited with 2 x 1/2 hour breaks in a 12 hour shift) and I’m afraid I said what I thought rather than being long winded and, god forbid, articulate. I strongly suspect that your opinion is so ingrained, that any attempt would be pointless as I doubt you would understand.

TBH I thought this place was better than that …

😆 excellent – keep it up! You haven’t learned much in 6 months, have you?

Northwind

Drac – Moderator

Ka, and indeed, pow.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Thanks to the NHS (again)’ is closed to new replies.