Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Thanks to everyone who built the Pump Track at Lee Quarry
  • mirage

just been to lee quarry today for the first time and also first time I have properly ridden a pump track (without pedalling. Learnt alot and i recon upped mygame a bit generally because of it so big thanks to those who have put a massive amount of hard work into it =]

chorlton
    Free Member

Good innit.
    Just wait until they've finished building all the stuff at the other local quarries and have linked them up. 😀

TonyL
    Free Member

do a search for Tarty Bikes and Ali C to see a video someone riding it and making it look effortless

pinches
    Free Member

i saw the video on vimeo of the guy who manages team CRC riding a Tazer there, track looks amazing, one to visit soon.

stumpyjon

Didn't have time to play on the pump track today, too busy going back up for another go on the new descent lines. Never got the whole going back up to re-ride the down thing, until today that is.

Andituk
    Free Member

And just for balance, the new climb is excellent too 😀

lord
    Free Member
    chakaping
    Free Member

That looks great.

Looking forward to getting a few hours there when I go to visit some family nearby.

What bike do you guys think would be the most fun to take: Blender, Reign or Froggy?

chorlton
    Free Member

Have noticed that travellers have moved their caravans on to the car park at the bottom today.
    Perhaps they are waiting to take part in singletrack weekender. 😀

steel4real
    Free Member

Thanks for the warning – with Pikeys there I won't be going as planned on Monday. 🙁

lord
    Free Member

tried it on full sus then a hardtail , the full sus was hopless , hardtail for the pump track , but i am nothing like the lads in the vid

lord
    Free Member

best to park accross from the rose and bowl at the mo with the special people in caravans at the usuall parking spot, ride up from there

robgarrioch

Wish I'd seen that pump-track vid before today, might've had some idea how to ride it 🙂
    Really good incorporation of the new bits, totally compliments the existing stuff & takes it a step up. Looking forward to the next visit (hopefully after a dry spell…)

jcromton
    Free Member

nooooooo, I didn't see this today!! Where is it?? And what's this new climb? I'm sure I missed this too :o(

robgarrioch

The pump track's beside the lower trial features – if you go right at the 'cattle grid – hump' you'll find it. The new climb starts once you've climbed the fist road & hairpinned up, abut 2/3 of the way up just after the steep loose stones. It is kinda hard to spot when your attentions focused on climbing the track!

lowey

We had a go at the same time as Ali C was riding it. His bike had no brakes and he never pedalled. Amazing to watch, but we looked like a set of buffoons trying. Great fun though and Ali gave us some tips.

Ali making it look easy

jcromton
    Free Member

I tried to climb up the new really steep slab "to rival the one at Gisburn" thinking that was the new climb. I promply slid back down it and realised it was meant to be ridden the other way!

Fail.

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

And just for balance, the new climb is excellent too 🙂

+1 Excellent indeed!

I find it quite an ordeal cleaning all the climbs on a lap of the red now.

(Am not going back to SPDs though, flatties are helping me get down the black, sort of…)

Cheers all.

_tom_
    Free Member

They make it look so easy in the vid! Fully rigid does help a lot though, suspension tends to suck a lot of your pump (or at least it does when I try!). They're building a little pump track at my local jumps I think, looking forward to that!

Shame Lee Quarry is so far away, looks like a fun place to ride. Maybe when its linked to the other nearby quarries it'll be worth the long drive up.

BikeandBaconButty
    Free Member

Is there layout of all the trails on't internet somewhere?

I've been up a couple of times and the trails can look like just part of the rugged landscape. It does need linking up with the Mary Towneley. You can get across from Rooley Moor Road, but the field is a proper bog! Lots of north shore style raised timberwork would be cool to join them up. Great place though, pritty unique.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Thanks to everyone who built the Pump Track at Lee Quarry’ is closed to new replies.