Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Thanks to Chipps I got a ride in today
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

Thanks to Chipps who helped me out of a hole today.

This morning I packed up everything I needed for a lap of Lee Quarry while working in the Todmorden area today, after my last call of the day before a paperwork afternoon I checked my gear before driving to the quarry only to find I hadn’t packed my helmet.

Cheaky sod that I am I knocked on Chipps’ font door and asked to borrow a helmet as I didn’t fancy the quarry without it. Well the nice man said no problem and showed me around a little while there.

What a guy….Thanks

chipps

No problem John. We’re always happy to get visits from readers. (It’s not technically my door – I don’t actually live at the office – well, not any more…)

As we say in the mag, coffee times are 11am and 3pm… 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

Are there any campsites near Todmorden? Might be fun to organise an en masse descent on Tod over the summer?

Ed-O
    Free Member

Are there any campsites near Todmorden? Might be fun to organise an en masse descent on Tod over the summer?

It’s bivvy country Mike!

How about a pub that brews it’s own beer “the Pennine Way?” It’s got camping and there’s more……

http://www.realalehunter.co.uk/pubs/view_pub/1/1034.html

Houns

Ai – They are always nice to you when you pop in. I’ve called by a couple of times when i lived up that way, Chipps helped me with some routes – Sadly i missed the coffee

rOcKeTdOg

John, you touched Chipp’s helmet and didn’t get a picture??? 🙄

ski
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member

John, you touched Chipp’s helmet and didn’t get a picture???

Ewww 😉 More content for outcast I fear…

hora
    Free Member

Hurray! 🙂

I’d be up for a camp at Mount Tod’

dave360

I didn’t know they brewed their own at the new delight. I might pop in for a sample on Friday nite.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

if there’s anywhere round there sells homemade ginger beer, then count me in…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Thanks to Chipps I got a ride in today’ is closed to new replies.