• This topic has 309 replies, 69 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 310 total)
  • Thanks for the work, Mods
  • CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I’m a smartarse

Well on that point I’m prepared to meet you halfway

#Makesyouthink

I live in hope

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

jambourgie
    Free Member

I went out* and bought an inner-tube. Does that count?

*in the car 😳

Drac

Er . . . guys . . . whilst you’re all noodling around on this thread . . . THE BIKE FORUM IS ON FIRE!

Yeah it’s pretty rad.

Drac

I used the abreviation PP for the homophobic insult not as a reference to either Poddy or Panther.

Yeah I misread it as Peter Poddy instead of the pushing poo comment. 😳

Can people see why I never engage (as in discuss) with Drac?

It doesn’t bother me so not sure why you have to keep mentioning it.

mattsccm
    Free Member

I for one have complete admiration for the Mods. I wouldn’t do it, I’m too lazy.
    There are times when I wish they were a bit more heavy handed when things get political or personal but that’s up to them really. Their job is, amongst other things, to ensure that nothing gets to outrageous or nasty. As well as legal or likely to affect the mag. This forum is someones property and they have every right to allow people to use its as they (the owners) see fit.
    The owners are very tolerant really. I was banned from the old TBM forum for daring to offer an opinion when asked about the magazine. Al right I did have a go at their behaviour at a long distance trial that I had run as well.
    Keep it up chaps.

Drac

kin ell, it’s Sunday, the weather is good, the trails are drier than last week and this has reached 7 pages.

The 4 feet of snow that was there last Sunday has made them gloopy but I walk more than ride these days.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Can people see why I never engage (as in discuss) with Drac?

It doesn’t bother me so not sure why you have to keep mentioning it.

I don’t think it was addressed to you, but your response does support his point.

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

How is referring to the pushing of poo homophobic anyway? Mixed sex couples partake in this pastime, too, I believe.

Extensive internet research does seem to back this claim up…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Perhaps some of the reason mods are not out is because folk like you act like this, that they dont ban you is testimony to the fact they are not as you claim.

Ps dont reply its not aimed at you,its just about you, and you would not want to be a hypocrite 8)

Drac

I don’t think it was addressed to you, but your response does support his point.

Glad to help.

Pigface
    Free Member

Mattccm Si Melber is weapon grade asshat.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

#STWwilleatitself

jambourgie
    Free Member

When did the internet become so dammed puritanical? I think I preferred the old days before Facebook etc, when it was an anonymous and unacountable wild-west. At least that was fun 🙂

These days everyone always seems to be so offended all the time. Either on their own behalf, or on somebody else’s who probably DNGAF about the alleged transgression in question.

Rant over.

dannyh
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member
    True, I will admit to having a rye smile on the ride at the one application to be a mod!!!

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

Will that be one of these?

Or possibly a wry smile?

Cougar

*applause*

dannyh
    Free Member

*Bow*

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

How is referring to the pushing of poo homophobic anyway?

Perhaps it would make more sense if you discussed it with someone else who has been subject to homophobic name calling, like shirtlifter, shit stabber, bum boy, arse bandit etc. etc.
    Yes, anal sex is not the preserve of gay men and shockingly, anal sex is not for all gay men. But you know what? Those kind of names are specially reserved for them. HTH

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I keep miss-spelling it don’t I ?!? 😳

Cougar

<mod>
    Ok, enough. CM, stop trolling, and that includes replying to this. Junkyard, stop feeding him. You’ve both made your points, move on. If you really feel there’s more to discuss, go start another thread where you can bicker in comfort.

This thread was proving to be a useful place for people to ask questions. It shall remain to do so, or I’ll close it and get the hammers out.
    </mod>

dannyh
    Free Member

Isn’t ‘pushing poo’ what rich folk do when they’re mucking out their horses? ‘Shoveling shit’ when the lower orders do it?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Danny, they’re both doing the same thing. Just going through the motions.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think you mods replied more than I did.
    Dully noted by all I assume.

maxtorque

Sorry chaps, but there is something i REALLY need to pick up on, namely:

jambourgie
    I went out* and bought an inner-tube.

What the Juddering Frack is an ‘inner tube’ and why, in 2016 would you need one for your bike…… 😆 😛 😀 🙂

dannyh
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus
    I think you mods replied more than I did.
    Dully noted by all I assume.

POSTED 26 SECONDS AGO # REPORT-POST

I like to think most folk on here bright, actually.

Or should that be ‘duly’?

I don’t know about ban hammers, but some spelling and grammar spanners might be more appropriate.

Jamie
    Free Member

Extensive internet research does seem to back this claim up…

Something is getting backed up.

Cougar

some spelling and grammar spanners might be more appropriate.

That’s dyslexia for you.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

??? I wasn’t responding to JY, I was responding to Chest_Rockwell, because he didn’t see how Poo Pusher, even in context, might be homophobic. Haven’t been discussing with JY for a while.

And I am not trolling, just because we have a different point of view does not make me a troll. I have been responding to explain my point of view. Always sticking to the argument, not dismissing the other, against a range of other posters. The argument has been coherent and well developed, rather than just repeatedly saying “yes it is / no it isn’t”. Perhaps the trolling is from those who are happy to disagree but not provide any support for their argument or develop it in any way. You know, goading perhaps. I’d really be interested to know why you think I’m trolling when all I am really trying to do is get people to consider the terminology they use.

dannyh
    Free Member

Danny, they’re both doing the same thing. Just going through the motions.

Cougar

I don’t care if you were talking to the Queen, knock it off. That’s all of you, it wasn’t intended to be an exhaustive list.

dannyh
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator
    some spelling and grammar spanners might be more appropriate.
    That’s dyslexia for you.

POSTED 2 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Errr, yes, but it’s also got quite a lot with me trying to be a smartarse.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I would certainly be banned were grammar a requirement, its not intentional.

jambourgie
    Free Member

edit:

what’s the point.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Sorry, was just, you know, having a discussion. Should we take it back on topic about what a great job you mods do and how grateful we are?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

what’s the point.

Are you new here?

dannyh
    Free Member

Cougar

Charlie, you really are last-wordism personified. Let it go.

Sorry, was just, you know, having a discussion.

That’s fine. Have it somewhere else.

Jamie
    Free Member

Charlie makes a point.

Cougar

Charlie makes a point.

About what, ego-stroking? I couldn’t care less about that, plenty of people have said how shit we are also. I’m simply trying, seemingly unsuccessfully, to avoid a pointless multi-page pissing contest taking over the discussions.

Cos, y’know, remember the days when this sort of conversation was verboten? I don’t have to answer questions, I choose to. More fool me I suppose.

jambourgie
    Free Member

maxtorque – Member
    Sorry chaps, but there is something i REALLY need to pick up on, namely:

jambourgie
    I went out* and bought an inner-tube.
    What the Juddering Frack is an ‘inner tube’ and why, in 2016 would you need one for your bike……

TUBIST!

Reported.

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 310 total)

The topic ‘Thanks for the work, Mods’ is closed to new replies.