Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 137 total)
  • Thanks for the encouragement! ( warning single ladies content)
  • DezB
    Free Member

Any plans to ride over the other side of the road, Butser Hill etc?

If it's dry I know a great little loop we call the Meon Ride. It's actually the only route I can remember without a map! Salt Hill down the back of Butser is a corker (or a killer in the wet)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

i actually like the company of male bikers on rides – i love the banter

She does you know. She luuuuurves us. 🙂

LoulaBella
    Free Member

So far I have only gone riding with blokes and I must admit the pisstaking/ribbing is legendary, love it.

rOcKeTdOg

well done loulabella, my riding buddy informed me the other night we are starting a night riding group for this winter, hope we get the same sort of members to our group as you have for yours!, we will though only be looking, not touching, as we are both attached

Kramer
    Free Member

Good God, it's like sharks on chum!

cinnamon_girl

LoulaBella – well done on setting up a girls riding group! But you should encourage them to join the STW Forum rides.

I was hesitant at first but have met so many lovely people on here, both male and female. You get accepted for what you are, you like bikes and that's what matters.

The Forum rides are a real experience – I love them 😀 Believe me, this place is a lot more female-friendly than it used to be 🙄 Wouldn't go back to girls only rides again. As Aleigh says, the male banter is good.

Which reminds me, it must be about time for another Swinley Forest Forum ride …

pjbarton
    Free Member

haven't read this. mbt dating service is it? pick which one you fancy? seems a bit regressive, oh well, i'd go number….

LoulaBella
    Free Member

I would be well up for it! Was supposed to do the STW forum ride on the Isle of Wight but pulled out at the last minute due to being let down on the childcare front, I was gutted!
    A couple of the girls I ride with I have known for about 10 years and sometimes when your just out together riding a real comradeship is struck up which doesnt happen during shoe shopping trips. If I burst into tears because Im just not coping with Joels autism, she soon puts me right with a hug and we put the world to rights over carrot cake.
    Im not the sort of girl who has ever had lots of gal pals, but the friendships that matter last.
    Women can be quite hard on each other, I hope the group will bring us closer together and forge some strong bonds. A couple of the girls have only moved to the city in the last month and this has been the warm welcome they have needed.
    I have found STW forum a great place, funny, supportive (had amazing advice/empathy about Joel), the BBB was fantastic and the girls – CG, aleigh (still laughing about Lidl condoms),Bunnyhop to name but a few are as always engaging, refreshing and offer great incite.
    So CG I need to come up to your neck of the woods for a ride!

RichPenny
    Free Member

🙂

aleigh
    Free Member

She does you know. She luuuuurves us.

i do love you all – you're great 😀

LoulaBella
    Free Member

group hug

RepacK
    Free Member

This thread has got to be the worlds longest Leslie Phillips Ding Dong double entendre tribute ever!

But who cares? Im in if you'll have me.. :mrgreen:

cinnamon_girl

LoulaBella – yep, can certainly relate to the comradeship thing. Sounds as though you girls are all supportive of each other which is brilliant.

Don't worry, I will get a Swinley ride sorted.

Rich – will have a natter with you this Sunday 🙂 In fact, why not keep me company on the sea crossing 😉

LoulaBella
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl, if I was to come up on the train (I cant/wont drive) sometime for a ride would it be possible to be put up for a night, if a kind hearted soul lent me a sofa? Portsmouth is the end of the world, everywhere feels so far away!

cinnamon_girl

Yep, no problem – there's room at CG Towers!! If you want to ride at Swinley, there is the option of Martin's Heron Station which is near Bracknell. It's only a short pedal to Swinley from there.

Hairychested
    Free Member

LoulaBella, if you're staying at CG's or nearby, do you want a lift to Purbecks and back this Sunday? I'm driving my Pug from Gatwick, it's an estate so space is ample, you're more than welcome to jump in. I'm a crap driver though I reckon 😉

LoulaBella
    Free Member

I wish I could, thanks for the offer of a lift though, very kind.
    Cheers CG it will great when I can finally put faces to names!

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Right im off to spend some time with Dan he has just offered me a cold bottle of Cobra beer to tempt me away from the laptop………..

knottie8
    Free Member

I can recommend CG towers as a great place to stay , I must return soon.

clubber
    Free Member

100!

rOcKeTdOg

I'll get to swinley one day!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

oh yeaaahhhhh…. LB is "the one with the top legs" off of the "stw ladies" thread?

here she is in a shot from some kind of 70's hippy album cover

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

hmmmm, not bad at all :o)

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Put it away Barnes! 😀

Hairychested
    Free Member

Lucky shades!

Bunnyhop

Good luck with your new group LB. It's always great to see more and more women out on the trails, we've still some way to go though.

I belong to a Ladies group of 40 odd women. Even though I enjoy riding with them. I much prefer a mixed group, as Aleigh said the banter is always great fun.
    I'm looking forward to my first STW ride for ages with Ton and the gang in Yorkshire, 4th, October.

cinnamon_girl

I can recommend CG towers as a great place to stay , I must return soon.

OK, knottie, I get the message 😀 Will try and put up a thread tomorrow.

Bunnyhop – that's a huge group! Next year I would definitely like to get to some Northern rides but need to WTFU first 🙄

LoulaBella
    Free Member

OMG that pic Dan took of me at Alice Holt!

juan
    Free Member

And that the moment where SFB goes blind…

BluePalomino
    Free Member

Is ms Bella wearing Skorts on that pic?

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Yes from Pearl Izumi, its very practical you know.

LoulaBella
    Free Member

That pics from my flickr account so I guess MrMWright has been having a look eh?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i like feeding the trolls 🙂

It entertains my evil side

:STROKES CAT:

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

oh and FYI every photo on Flickr has a unique number, it's not difficult to find the posters flickr site form the pictures they put up on here.

In fact, you are breaking the Flickr T&Cs by directly linking to photos without a link back to it's flickr photo page 😉

Kit
    Free Member

oh and FYI every photo on Flickr has a unique number, it's not difficult to find the posters flickr site form the pictures they put up on here.

Hmmm, never did figure out how to do that…

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

google is your friend

LoulaBella
    Free Member

yep the link thingy, nope never bother.
    My flickr is there for all to enjoy! Though most of it is pretty boring 😥

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

And that the moment where SFB goes blind…

I can say that I have seen many photos of women, some with far less clothing, without ill effect to date :o)

SirJonLordofBike1
    Free Member

Dibs fourth from left thanks 😯

BluePalomino
    Free Member

It may help if the original photo of the ladies group was edited and reposted with something discreet like a green tick above the available ladies and a red x above those unavailable.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 137 total)

The topic ‘Thanks for the encouragement! ( warning single ladies content)’ is closed to new replies.