Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 137 total)
  • Thanks for the encouragement! ( warning single ladies content)
  • ForkingOurSouls
    Free Member

Let me know if you're ever riding in the NW or Lakes. I could fake a puncture and you could all help fix it…

Me: "Gee, you girls are great. I don't know how to thank you…"
    Girl 1: "I bet we can think of a way, hey girls? Tee hee hee…"

*shuffles off to find a darkened room*

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I take it this ride is open to all, being as you posted it here?

I've pointed MrsPP in this diresction, we're not far up the road from QEP and we've been meaning to go there for a while now….
    🙂

simonralli2
    Free Member

Can I put a request in for one of your rides to be South Devon please? Ideally near Totnes. Thank you 😀

stumpy01

I was only messin……

……and probably thinking more of mountain biking blokes in race attire, than the standard get-up.
    Always strikes me how amusing a group of blokes look at the start of races all dressed in lycra with polystyrene hats on & determined expressions. Perhaps that's just 'cos I am not batting for the other side, so to speak…..& that a race field full of girls in similar attire would probably have result in quite a different opinion…..

Good luck in your new venture – sounds like it will be great fun. I'm pleased you've had a successful start!

4ndyB
    Free Member

Good luck with GWR, if you set up a North East group I know a few riders who may be interested (girls & single blokes)

BluePalomino
    Free Member

mixed rides arent a bad thing at all if your looking for some romance. Is that so weird?

i'm just p*ssed off i'm not single 🙄

Houns

Being newly single i think it's a good idea….Though i'd suggest strict vetting before the ride details are given out to prevent any weirdos turning up.

Good luck!

Kit
    Free Member

Hey Kit its easy to do and I can give you a bit of help, having a sister group in Edinburgh would be ace. Especially if we arrange to come up for a weekends riding or something. I was sooo nervous last night wondering if anyone was gonna show after advertising it and all.

Er, I should clarify that a) I'm a man; b) I'm single.

Still want me to take charge of an all girls group?? I would accept the honour with integrity and forthrightness, naturally!

Well done on getting your group off the ground though and hope it all goes well 😀

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Er, I should clarify that a) I'm a man; b) I'm single

actually he's nobbut a lad :o)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

.Though i'd suggest strict vetting before the ride details are given out to prevent any weirdos turning up.

too late:
    "Starting next Tuesday night and every Tuesday from then on. Up the Island and back, from Milton to Farlington and back again. Chance to embrace those darker night, get some training in and a bevy after. Meet 7pm corner of Locksway Rd opposite Milton Park!"

foxyrider
    Free Member

Now I'm only makin' a point – talking generally but I have never come across a group of male mountain bikers who exclude women? Perhaps I havea sheltered view 🙂 I can see the point of having all girls group that can bike without the pressure or intereference of blokes etc and their dirty/bad jokes etc…

Would the ladies object to an MTB club that was labelled 'Men Only'? Just inquisitive 🙂 Is it because you feel safer than if some dodgy bloke turns up on a whym ? Yup I am typically male and thoughtless 😉

Didn't read the post AGAIN fully sorry – 😉

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Though i'd suggest strict vetting before the ride details are given out to prevent any weirdos turning up.

I guess I will just use discretion and hope that guys know to respect the fact that some of the girls there are single and genuinly wanting to use riding as a social tool to get to know guys on an even footing.
    Yep dont want any weirdos, but we will have guys with us that we know too so should keep potential weirdos at bay. Yep rides open to all, great if your hants/sussex way. Also a good place to bring kids too!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

he was a MTB rider and plays in a band, what more could a girl want?

if only i knew what more was wanted…

Houns

Too far for me, though will pop along to any Midlands rides

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

this from aleigh (at work and so unable)

"You could post on my behalf that I tried to do a singleton ride but no one was interested! And that after going on a date with a MTB'r I found I'd rather have a hobby on my own! Each to their own of course."

Kit
    Free Member

And that after going on a date with a MTB'r…

Bad luck Simon, hope you took her somewhere nice though, tee hee 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

hope you took her somewhere nice though, tee hee

I wish 🙂 I've not managed to lure her up here yet, though she and c-g did threaten to visit. However, certain other bikers might blush at this…

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Tell aleigh that she has a good point, sometimes its nice to have other interests, Dan and I dont even go out riding that much together because we have to take turns looking after the kids. We also end up arguing too when he tells me to MTFU on the downhill, romantic eh?

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Simon just had a look at your pics of Dent, my hubby is from just outside Sedbergh. Dans Mum and Dad taught at Dent Primary most of their lives. Love it up there, we hope to move back one day. The pics are glorious too!

DezB
    Free Member

We also end up arguing too when he tells me to MTFU on the downhill

Been there, done that 🙂 !

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

We also end up arguing too when he tells me to MTFU on the downhill

I prefer girls to be girls :o) A little macho bullshit goes a long way…

Onzadog
    Free Member

The wife and some of her friends might well be interested if the group ever reach the peak district. As for me, I think it's great, if 5 years too late!

Conor
    Free Member

Nice one. Great Idea. Pity I'm not close enough! I think there are about 3 single ladies in NI that bike, and I've dated one of them!

goslow

It's a good plan. Good luck with it, shame you're not in the North East.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Simon just had a look at your pics of Dent, my hubby is from just outside Sedbergh

a great place to ride from:

(Dentdale in background on upper left)

Olly
    Free Member

Some of the ladies are keen to meet some single chaps into riding so we thought a mixed ride would be a good opportunity.

tick.

where can i sign up for this rad new dating service?

LoulaBella
    Free Member

This was last month by Cautley Spout, we got married in a church about half a mile away, you may recognise it from Singletrack a couple of issues ago.

Ma and Pa in laws house opposite, Its like heaven on earth round there.

this was fun too!

Olly
    Free Member

oh yeaaahhhhh…. LB is "the one with the top legs" off of the "stw ladies" thread?

how many people (males), other than me, looked up QE country park and how far away it is? 😉

takisawa2

"Come to me…come to me…"

McQ
    Free Member

10 ladies cycling in lycra and some of them are single.

(wipes diary clear)

I happen to be free that very night.

Oh hang on, my off-road bike was stolen two months ago.

I really got to get a new one.

Seriously though I hoep you lot have a good time.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

this was fun too!

IMO that bridge was much more fun when there were only railings on one side :o)

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Yes!!!
    Dan told me that it used to be like that, ha ha great to see a pic of it and, yes looks like more fun 😛

DezB
    Free Member

how many people (males), other than me, looked up QE country park and how far away it is?

3 miles. Jealous? 😉

RichPenny
    Free Member

He doesn't appear to be having much fun in that pic Simon… Or do Northerners only smile on the inside 😉

Ride sounds like fun, would like to come along as i've only ridden there a couple of times. Any plans to ride over the other side of the road, Butser Hill etc?

Also, please don't think I'm being rude, but 1pm sounds really late to be starting a group ride. If it's anything like the ones I've been on, you'd be finishing in the dark 🙂 Lights required? QE loop could be fun in the dark.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

He doesn't appear to be having much fun in that pic Simon

I think that's mainly because he was knackered 🙂

teagirl
    Free Member

Eck, reading the interest generated in the GWR group, I hardly dare to mention the Skipton Girls group, been going over a year and heading to the Borders next week for a weekend of, erm, biking (and tea drinking). We're going to be discussing a 'proper' name for ourselves so I'm wondering if we could have a few suggesstions…….. I may put this on a new thread.

aleigh
    Free Member

i actually like the company of male bikers on rides – i love the banter 😀

an all girl group isn't my thing but good luck to those of you that find it fun!

and sfb has yet to have to put up with me………..no one is able to forget i'm there cos you can hear me for miles! 😆

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Also, please don't think I'm being rude, but 1pm sounds really late to be starting a group ride. If it's anything like the ones I've been on, you'd be finishing in the dark Lights required? QE loop could be fun in the dark.

Not rude at all RichP, fair point. Dan and I have a care worker look after our son Saturday afternoons (probably know Joels autistic), so that give us a window of opportunity. Its more gonna be a few loops of the park, take a couple of hours and there are some fun bits around for some skills practice, jumps etc. The lads will probably do a bit over Butser whilst I have offered to help some of the girls do some stuff they havent done before. Might cycle over to the Red Lion in Charlton for a drink too afterwards, my parents said if they take over with Joel maybe we can play out late 🙂

Pub!

LoulaBella
    Free Member

teagirl, are you ready for some of the suggestions…..
    Sounds ace though, how often do you all go out?

Drac

Good luck with it, shame you're not in the North East.

I'm thankful they're not.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 137 total)

The topic ‘Thanks for the encouragement! ( warning single ladies content)’ is closed to new replies.