• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Thanks for the advice last week on improving my road climbing
  • rockitman

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who chipped in with advice last week on the following thread, it was really good advice:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/why-do-i-struggle-on-road-climbs

Went out on a very similar xc epic again this Sunday, 33 miles round Marple, Mellor, Rowarth etc with a fair few road sections and draggy climbs inbetween the off road bits and I did loads better.

Stuck my seat up another 1 cm, and an extra 5psi in the tyres before I set off. Once I was out I stuck in the middle ring on anything that resembled a road and just settled in to my own pace. Was probably resorting to the granny ring far too easily. That kinda did it really. Sure, some people flew past me but I'm guessing the running and long rides are building my fitness up as I was nowhere near the back this week.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks. Anyone got a training plan for 24hr solo's I could take a look at 🙂

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Thanks for the advice last week on improving my road climbing’ is closed to new replies.