Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Thanks for First Aid kit on Follow the Dog
  • Hingy
    Free Member

I am very grateful to the extremely kind chap who gave me a bandage at Cannock yesterday.

I had somehow managed to open a four inch gash on my right shin just below the knee after a low speed toppling over incident on Follow The Dog. I had got around OK, but just a couple of minutes after Werewolf Drop, I just lost grip whilst going far too slowly on a corner and fell over. I was using SPDs and decided that this would be the best time to fail to disengage my feet.

I am still clueless as to what I cut my leg on, as a few of us looked on the ground and couldn’t see any sharp rocks, glass or anything. And as it was on the outside of my leg, it could not have been on my chainring or any other part of my bike. Before anyone asks, I do not have any photos as we went straight to A&E for 9 lovely blue stitches.

I am definitely going to get some padding now, and may even try flat pedals. The other lesson that I have learnt is to carry a First Aid kit.

Massive thumbs up to everyone who stopped to see how I was, and especially to the kind soul who donated a bandage to me.

Mantastic
    Free Member

You should have ripped apart your shirt rambo style to build a make shift bandage. Real bandages are for girls, man up!! 😉

Hingy
    Free Member

That would have been the next option! 🙂

I_Ache
    Free Member

A couple of minutes after the werewolf? Were you not already at the carpark by then?

Hingy
    Free Member

I would have been if I wasn’t trying to find out how sharp the scenery was. It was probably half way between Werewolf Drop and the Rollers.

timc
    Free Member

Always nice to be helped out, had it recently myself! lots of good people out there!

I_Ache
    Free Member

I must admit sometimes it can take longer to complete the loop if you decide to get intimate with a tree! I will never use a blue groove tyre again!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

We went to Coed y Brenin in May and I bought a new first aid kit, even went to the bother of wrapping it up in a bright green waterproof bag, off we go riding. Mr MC crashes and gashes elbow … DOH first aid kit in car! Had to use his jersey as a tourniquet then walk back to the car for 20 minutes….mmm lesson learnt there!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Thanks for First Aid kit on Follow the Dog’ is closed to new replies.