Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Thanks for First Aid in Glentress, Thursday May 13
  • MissStumpjumper
    Free Member

Thanks!!! to all of you that stopped and helped me after face planting in Glentress on Thursday May 13. Thanks for plaster, chocolate, warm sweater etc. I ended up with some scratches and bruises, concussion and a stitch.

I was on the bike the day after and had two more great days of biking (Innerleithen and Ae) before heading back home. I will definitely go biking in Scotland again. 🙂

//Maria (Sweden)

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

I like your style! Dust yourself off and get on with it. Nice!
    Glad you enjoyed yourself.
    There's always people willing to help. I'd imagine being a female from Sweden there were no shortage of offers of assistance 😀

MissStumpjumper
    Free Member

Well, I really didn't want to miss out on any biking, since that was the reason I went to Scotland. There are so many great places for MTB:ing there!

Everyone helping was really, really nice. I was a bit dizzy myself so didn't really had the chance to say thanks there and then. Therefore, I hope some of my 'heroes' read this. 🙂

defaultslipper
    Free Member

i am glad you enjoyed the biking over here. make sure you bring back more people next year! i was the guy you rented the bikes off at ae. i have only been working there a short time but have really enjoyed helping to promote the biking there. always good to hear people enjoying the trails and helpfulness of other bikers when people need help.

have you eaten all those mule bars yet? 😀

medievalkneival
    Free Member

Yes, seen you at Glentress on Thursday and again on the trail at the back of Minch Moor on Friday. I noticed your face was a bit..err. bruised…assumed you had face planted! Glad you enjoyed the riding

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

I face planted at Glentress on Saturday 15 May doing the black route and have broken my collar bone! Well more like a head / shoulder plant.

If Ranger Andy reads this thanks for your help and looking after my bike! (Red Foes)

MissStumpjumper
    Free Member

@defaultslipper: This was our 2nd time MTB:ing Scotland, and I'm sure there will be a 3rd. 🙂 We invited more people to join, but they weren't wise enough to come with us. Next time, hopefully… I'll save my mule bars for some special moments. Actually, I'm thinking of having one this Saturday when I'm running a half Marathon. Might be the best way to load up on energy. 🙂

@medievalkneival: were you the two guys that we passed, then you passed us, the we passed you… and so on? If so, we were worried that something happened to you, because we never saw you coming all the way down to the parking lot. Hope you were doing alright!

@Mr_Mojo: Oh no! Maybe we can start a Facebook group named "All of us that face planted in Glentress week 19". Hope your recovery is going well!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Thanks for First Aid in Glentress, Thursday May 13’ is closed to new replies.