• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by smurf.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Thank you to riders at Swinley on Sunday
  • smurf
    Free Member

I was at Swinley (blue trail) on Sunday (from about 11am) with my 2 daughters.

I’d like to say a big thank you to everyone that said hi, or a thank you as they passed carefully, or gave words of encouragement when they saw us.

It was lovely to see the oldest (on her own bright blue Scott Spark 20 jr) get so many encouraging remarks during the ride. The youngest on the LOCT seat also got her fair share of hello’s as well.

The oldest might be still quite slow, but she’s learning fast, gaining confidence, and the friendly atmosphere makes a big difference when you’re only 7.

Quote of the day….”Daddy, when I can get round the blue trail without any mistakes, can I try the next hardest one?”

Made my week 🙂

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

well done Smurf to you and your groms.

always nice to hear of fellow riders passing along the spirit of mtb.

soobalias
    Free Member

when she gets round the blue with no mistakes she’s outriding everyone here.

smurf
    Free Member

@soobalias – Very good point!

That reminds me…just as we were pulling into the car park, an ambulance was pulling out with the blue lights on. Somewhat unhelpful timing!!

matt_outandabout

Kids on bikes rock.

Always good to see kids on bikes.

mashiehood
    Free Member

kids on bikes are great – my soon to be three year old is geting his first pedal bike. Very excited (thats me, he dosent know!)

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Threads like this make me warm inside. Fantastic.

dai21t
    Free Member

I’ve taken my 8yr old around blue scar and penhydd at afan, and various blue trails at BPW, have never had anything other than positive comments. Always great to see kids out riding.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

I always make positive comments to kids on their bikes, as someone other than dad riding with them giving encouragement, gives them a certain buzz and maybe I have a slight trail envy as my kids never showed any interest in riding bikes.

hatter

Nice work!! Got a great reaction when I took my three year old to swinley. O K he can only do the green and 1st bit of the blue but everyone was careful and very positive. Can’t wait until he’s ready for the bigger stuff

froggy67
    Free Member

Similar to above, my 7 year old son had his first go on the Swinley blue trail today and it was nice to hear people encourage him. Although he was pretty tired out at the end (fell asleep very quickly in the car on the way home), he is keen to go back next week as he loved it.

Jase
    Free Member

Ambulance was for a friend who broke his leg 🙁

smurf
    Free Member

@jase – Sorry to hear that.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Thank you to riders at Swinley on Sunday’ is closed to new replies.