Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 254 total)
  • Thank you Ma'am
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

And many congratulations…..

marcus7
    Free Member

She must have maxed out her pension contributions by now, put yer feet up woman!! 😉

Edukator
    Free Member

Merkel?

wwaswas

poor woman, everyone trying to celebrate the death of her Dad 🙁

mikewsmith
    Free Member

This isn’t going to end well….

But a great many years of service, well done.

binners

Lets be all continental and celebrate our Royal family in the french manner….

wwaswas

She looked a lot cooler in 1977 than she does now.

Edukator
    Free Member

Thanks, Binners, I’d have probably earned another ban if I’d posted that.

growinglad
    Free Member

I’m not a massive fan of Royalty….But credit where credit is due, she has done more for Great Britain and the Common Wealth than I have or ever will do.

Doff’s cap.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Sweep on her time remaining?

GrahamS

This won’t end well, but yeah well done ma’am.

There can’t be many 89 year olds who have been doing the same job for 63 years!

BillMC

Obsequious nonsense

bikebouy
    Free Member

Happy to celebrate a tradition, think she’s rather good at spreading the word and a great figure head.

neilthewheel

She’s done the job well but even if she’d been a terrible queen we would still have had to tolerate her.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Delegation is the key to getting things done…

How many governments does she have these days anyway?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

How old is she … 90 something… ?

My old nan, bless her cottons, is about the same age and likes nothing more than sitting in her front room with a good/bad book or watching tennis or snooker

On that basis … I’m a fan of HRH… Good on her

and as a little troll …… God save the Queen

martinhutch

TBH, I’d take her to run the place over any number of the worms who have trooped up for their weekly appointment over the years.

bencooper
    Free Member

The country is full of nice little old ladies. Only one of them claims she was appointed by God and we’re all her subjects.

Still, she’s “very witty with her household staff” according to the toadying sycophant on Radio 4.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqrAPOZxgzU[/video]

loddrik
    Free Member

As soon as she steps down that should be it for the ‘monarchy’ and it should be consigned to the history books. She should be allowed to let her term to come to its natural conclusion. It really has no place in a modern developed society and economy, not even in a ceremonial role.

BillMC

the idea of hereditary legislators is as inconsistent as that of hereditary judges , or hereditary juries; and as absurd as an hereditary mathematician, or an hereditary wise man; and as ridiculous as an hereditary poet-laureate

It had no place in Tom Paine’s C18th

dooosuk
    Free Member

Was she married to Francis Rosi in the 70’s then wwaswas?

zippykona

I like her and she waved at me once.
    Three cheers and thanks for doing a great job.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

ads678

I like the royals, not really sure why but it’s one of those things that keeps us brits from becoming American.

Well done Maam.

Pigface
    Free Member

Couldn’t really care less, she seems a decent sort one of her kids is an asshat but that is common in many families. Husband is a right one, subtle as a brick.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

This thread be like:

GrahamS

Much as people may moan that having a monarchy is unfair or archaic, does anyone really think that electing your head of state is a much better and fairer system?

I liked John Major’s point on R4 this morning when he pointed out that she gets on well with many world leader’s because she knew them when they were children!

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

because she knew them when they were children

All a bit Fly my pretties?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I see JHJ is back from his latest holiday, I assume the ban hammer has just nipped out for a bit of a jog up and down the touchline….

A non political head of state is a great thing, also a powerless one. Great to meet, greet and wave at people.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Children? Or EGGS?!

(the one on the left is Jimmy saville, the one in the middle is her Maj)

marcus7
    Free Member

Go jive, give us a Jimmy and the queen pic… You know you want to… 🙄

dazh

Always been rather ambivalent about the royal family. My politics would dictate I should be a republican, but if that means replacing the queen with another politician I can’t see the point. The system is undoubtedly archaic and silly, but I see it as no more than a tourist attraction and ceremonial post. Keep the Queen and the direct heirs, get rid of the rest and the hangers on. And make them all pay tax and work for a living, and get rid of the grace and favour perks.

GrahamS

Oh yeah, I forgot her duties as High Priestess of the MKUltra Lizard Paedos.

That must be pretty hard on an 89 year old cybernetic system.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I like can’t stand the royals, not really sure why but it’s one of those things that keeps us servile brits from becoming American a proper democracy.

Stoner
    Free Member

Graham – and from column B, I give you https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Robinson

However I’m a “royalist” with a small r, as I prefer a powerless “figurehead” as head of state rather than another layer of executive/autocratic control.

duckman

What Daz said,hang on are they watching? All hail our Lizard Overlords!

bikebouy
    Free Member

dazh – Member
    Always been rather ambivalent about the royal family. My politics would dictate I should be a republican, but if that means replacing the queen with another politician I can’t see the point. The system is undoubtedly archaic and silly, but I see it as no more than a tourist attraction and ceremonial post. Keep the Queen and the direct heirs, get rid of the rest and the hangers on. And make them all pay tax and work for a living, and get rid of the grace and favour perks.

If we are expanding this thread to include Own View Politics and Future State, this statement sums it up nicely for me too.

Pigface
    Free Member

I see JHJ is back from his latest holiday, I assume the ban hammer has just nipped out for a bit of a jog up and down the touchline….

the newsmith bullying train is about to leave all aboard 🙄

rene59
    Free Member

I will never understand why people in this day and age still support the monarchy and what it stands for. Elitist, classist, discriminatory. The biggest scroungers in britain with an outrageous sense of entitlement.

bencooper
    Free Member

I will never understand why people in this day and age still support the monarchy and what it stands for.

Mummy complex.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 254 total)

The topic ‘Thank you Ma'am’ is closed to new replies.