Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Thank you -a good vibe thread
  • blader1611
    Free Member

I recently placed a wanted ad looking for a bike and got a great response. I would just like to say thank you to all those people who went to the trouble of emailing pics and specs to me, it was very much appreciated.
    I am nervous about spending any money (proud yorkshire man filling a stereotype) but even more so when its a lot of money (to me) and its second hand bikes from strangers. So i just wanted to say a big thankyou to Teamslug from this parish who sold me a bike yesterday and totally put my mind at ease and was a thoroughly nice chap (he brought family to the meet and they were incredibly nice too). He went above and beyond the call of duty for my many questions and needs for the bike. Thanks Teamslug and family.

LeeW

Like.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Glad you got sorted in a timely and pleasant manner.

(Even if you did buy the wrong bike, should have had my Tracer, grumble moan , groan 😉 )

big_scot_nanny

Awesome

jamj1974

Excellent OP!

Pook

This place is great for things like that. I posted a thread about winter boots and ended p buying some from jamesgarbett on here, two years in a row!

blader1611
    Free Member

Sorry RRR, i did like that tracer though, nice frame. I do rather like the new Intense on the other thread though.

So far my buying experiences on here far outweigh those on auction sites and free to sell sites. Plus you also get to meet nice people who are also passionate about biking.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Yep, some proper good eggs on here. I got a lot of road bike stuff to rebuild my late uncle in laws bike for free or next to nothing.

If I ever have anything worth giving back, I will. I do browse wanted ads though just in case 🙂

mudplugga
    Free Member

Excellent!

parkesie
    Free Member

Not the thread I was expecting.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Awwww group hug 🙂

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

No probs at all blader – glad you got sorted though!

And yeah, I’ve met a few good types through bikey forumy places.

BigJohn

I’ve met a number of people of singletrack over the years through questions on the forum and they’ve all been great. We had a lovely time in the Forest of Dean courtesy of Psling once and only yesterday I bought a van off ssboggy which was a very satisfying and pleasant transaction.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Thank you -a good vibe thread’ is closed to new replies.