Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Thames view hotel recommendations
  • tyger
    Free Member

Please can anyone recommend a hotel in London that overlooks the Thames and has nice views? I stayed in one near Waterloo once before but have lost the name of it. Many thanks as always T

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Marriott at County Hall, perhaps? If not, there’s Park Plaza upstream a bit towards Vauxhall.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DrRSwank
    Free Member

The Howard (it’s a Swissotel) is very nice.

The river view exec rooms have sweeping views along the Thames.

bentandbroken

DrRSwank – Member

The Howard (it’s a Swissotel) is very nice.

The river view exec rooms have sweeping views along the Thames.

Sadly it is shut (and has been for 18months + I think)

The Marriott is a good shout, but some rooms don’t have the view so remember to request one. If you could wait about 14 months there will be a new one near the Tate Modern that will probably be quite nice….

bokonon
    Free Member

http://www.guoman.com/en/hotels/united_kingdom/london/the_royal_horseguards/index.html – stayed here when it first opened, got a really nice view of the river etc.

onewheelgood

as above, the Park Plaza Riverbank is OK. But if you don’t get a river view, you get a railway view with accompanying soundtrack. Choose wisely.

tyger
    Free Member

DrRSwank – The Howard was where I stayed before – how come it’s shut?? unbelievable!

Anyhow many thanks for all the other suggestions 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

The Howard – I was due to have my first serious “work drinks meeting” there in 1985 but they wouldn’t let me in to the bar as I didn’t have a jacket – I don’t think I impressed them very much with that move. I think it’s shut for a major refurb.

The Tower Thistle has great views but is an appalling hotel 😥

If you want the view only you can have a drink at OXO Tower, it does get very crowded though in the bar.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

The Savoy (hey it was good enough for Monet)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Thames view hotel recommendations’ is closed to new replies.