• This topic has 103 replies, 59 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by grum.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)
  • Thai bride……know anyone who has?
  • ton

married a mail order bride.

reason I am asking, on Saturday night whilst out with my wife, son and his girlfriend, I bumped into a lad I used to knock about with 30 yrs ago.
    he is 53 now, and was telling me that he had been married twice in the past, both marriages ended pretty quickly and badly.
    2 yrs ago his dad, who has lived with him all the time, passed away leaving him a fair amount of cash.
    so, in his words….he bought himself a tong bride.
    I asked him if he was serious, he said yes, he had approached a agency, who pretty much offered him a catalogue with a load of different women in it.
    he choose the one he liked, went to Thailand for a 3 week holiday to meet her, and he says, is now happily married to her.
    the lady is pretty stunning too, with a very nice figure to match.
    I am not easily lost for words or easily shocked….but I was.
    I never realised things like this were possible.
    they seemed happy enough, so good luck to him. 😀

dandax1990
    Free Member

And who said money can’t buy you happiness?

RustySpanner

A mate’s brother worked over there for about 15 years – ended up marrying his secretary.
    They’ve got a couple of kids and live in Aberdeen now – very happily married as far as I’m aware.

A bloke I worked with married a Russian mail order bride – she stayed with him for a year then fleeced him completely. He was a total arse though, to be fair.

scunny
    Free Member

Perhaps very stereotypically so, whenever i see a middle aged man (usually over weight and not the prettiest) with a younger Thai-or any other ethnicity that way on-wife, i imagine that they’ve met in this way, and i see them more often than you’d think. I can’t imagine another scenario in which they’d meet and choose to be together.

bikeneil
    Free Member

Ton, I’ve got to ask why all of your chat forum posts are always posted in the bike section?

goodgrief
    Free Member

As with Scunny, I’ve seen a fair few suspect couples and thought “could it really happen?”

ton

bikeneil……no idea mate, just where I have always posted stuff.

bikeneil
    Free Member

Just an observation. 😉

Harry_the_Spider

Ton, I’ve got to ask why all of your chat forum posts are always posted in the bike section?

What tyres for a Thai bride?

samuri
    Free Member

I knew a guy who married two! He divorced the first one and then got another.

There’s also a guy in an old workplace who married one.

Both of them really liked oriental women anyway and both said they found western women hard to please (although I accept entirely that this may well have been their failing). I only met one of the ladies in question and she was very attractive. Wore very sexy clothes. Bit quiet. Didn’t really find out what she was like.

bigblackshed

I worked with a bloke who “bought a Thai bride”. Lasted about two years, or until just after she moved her mother over here. Then it went belly up. 6 months later he was trying to buy a second one. Not sure if he did or not. I moved jobs and haven’t seen him since.

I wonder if any of them really lasts?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

My ex mate (who’s my ex wife’s ex husband) has just married a Phillipino woman who he met in Malaysia while working out there. Dunno how old she is but she doesn’t look that old on the Facebook photo’s & is very attractive. He’s 50+ & we always said he looked like Mel Smith (an alive one), plump, bald etc.
    He is also minted to a high degree, I mean rich!
    That may or may not have something to do with why she married him.

bearnecessities

What tyres for a Thai bride?

Nobby Na’ilha

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Well, it’s fair to say the lure of a ladyboy “bride” is quite tempting………

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Living near Heathrow, theres loads of airport staff with Thai brides. They seem to use their flight concessions to go over and get hitched.

scuttler

he bought himself a tong bride

Them garden centre lasses aren’t the cheapest. Shoulda gone down the hill towards the ring road and Cutler Heights.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

There was an old boy who lived next door to a mate of mine in Spain. He was happily shacked up with a Taiwanese girl for many years, she must have been 30 years younger than him. Anyways when he popped his clogs he left everything to the girl much to the annoyance of his family. Long story short a fight broke out in the street between the girl and the sister in-law, clothes were ripped and the Thai bride was exposed as a Thai groom.! 😯 Yep meat and two veg. 😀

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Long story short a pal, when to Thailand on holiday, met a girl fell in love, returned home sold house, returned to Thailand we cash to buy a home for him plus new mrs, she decides they should buy her mums home ( parents never actually move out the whole times he lived there) but the kicker was she insisted the house be put in her name.
    So when the rest of the money ran out the whole family literally threw him and his stuff out and told him to go back to England. And he did and moved back to his mums house back to his childhood single bed.

bearnecessities

Them garden centre lasses aren’t the cheapest. Shoulda gone down the hill towards the ring road and Cutler Heights.

Pfft, JTL!

grum
    Free Member

Got talking to a bloke in his 50s on a train once who started telling me about all his trips to Thailand and how great the bars out there are ‘as a single bloke’. Maybe I’m wrong but I couldn’t help thinking he was happily informing me that he was a serial sex tourist. Pretty creepy IMO.

steezysix
    Free Member

What if you have warranty issues? Do you have to send them back abroad and wait ages for a replacement, sending dozens of emails? Personally, I’d rather shop locally, even if it does cost more…

Hang on, I’m in the wrong forum.

RustySpanner

grum – Member

Got talking to a bloke in his 50s on a train once who started telling me about all his trips to Thailand and how great the bars out there are ‘as a single bloke’. Maybe I’m wrong but I couldn’t help thinking he was happily informing me that he was a serial sex tourist. Pretty creepy IMO.

My boss at work was the same.
    Bear in mind this was in Manchester, home of

where a couple of pints and a bag of chips could gain access to all the earthly pleasures a young man could dream of.

He really must have been hard up.

bearnecessities

Edit: Silly.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

There was an episode in our village, of guys in their mid 50s who were either separated or never married, heading over to Thailand for ‘extended vacations’ seeking a ‘soulmate’!

Worked for two of them and their wives have been around for a long time, both of them are great people, charming, friendly and seemingly happy with their chaps. Their kids went to school with ours and are great, happy to have them round here rather than some of the other local horrors.

One did let on to me that she was seen as lucky to have a successful, western husband especially as he took on her son to a previous and rough husband. They are usign his earning to build a huge house back in Thailand for her extended family and they will head back there when he retires.

So, it does work for some and good luck to them. A little more disturbed by some of the antics of older, less charming Europeans I saw when we were over there.

takisawa2

Can you imagine if Superstar did Thai brides…

Ton, is that your lad that you posted about heading off to do his basic training…christ, time flies. 😕

mark90
    Free Member

A bloke I worked with married a Russian mail order bride – she stayed with him for a year then fleeced him completely. He was a total arse though, to be fair.

Was he called Roy? If not a very similar story.

ton

Ton, is that your lad that you posted about heading off to do his basic training…christ, time flies.

it is indeed mate. his 16yr old sister joins him in the forces on Thursday.
    she has joined the royal artillery, heading to Harrogate military collage for a years phase 1 training.

empty nest at last……. 😉

JohnnyPanic

Not Thai, but someone in my office married a Nigerian lass – met over t’interweb, now lives over here. With her parents…

To be fair, he was never going to meet anyone any other way & they seem settled, one kid so far.

MoreCashThanDash

One of my colleagues has a Thai (now ex-) wife…..

A mate of mine returned from back packing round eastern Europe with a stunning Russian wife. The day she qualified for UK nationality he returned from work to the house which contained nothing – apart from two coppers who took him down the nick to question him about allegations of domestic violence.

He is now happily married to a local farmers daughter from 2 miles down the road!

Kryton57

…he bought himself a tong bride.

Nice to know the STW forum members closet racism is still alive and kickin – not.

globalti
    Free Member

How much do these Thai girls have to pay to get in the catalogue?

ton

kryton, you to55er…..I said ‘in his words’
    read the post fool

Spin
    Free Member

read the post fool

Quotation marks?

RustySpanner

mark90 – Member

Was he called Roy? If not a very similar story.

Steve, lived on the Langley Estate in Middleton.
    Seems to be a common theme emerging here 😯

wrightyson
    Free Member

There was a lovely old fella who worked as a digger driver for a demo company we used. He married a lady from Thailand but she stayed over there. He used to have about 6 weeks a year with her. Ill never forget when he came back and told us how he’d bought the wife a nice moped as a little sweetener because it’d been so long since he’d seen her..

Kryton57

ton – Member
    kryton, you to55er…..I said ‘in his words’
    read the post fool

No need for the language. Obviously its to detract from your own guilt – I wouldn’t write down the “N” word if someone else has said it, and neither should you promote it if you had any sensibility.

Two wrongs don’t make a right do they?

nedrapier

I’ve got 4 or 5 mates who’ve spent a decent chunk working abroad, Eastern Europe, and far east, who’ve married someone local they met out there.

More on topic, I was once handed a flyer in London, commutey time, walking between Liverpool St Stn and the gherkin, for “beautiful Eastern European women, untouched by feminism.”

Which is a larf, because the Romanians I’ve met through my mates have hardly been the bowing and scraping type!

Still slightly concerned whether there’s something about me that made the flyerererer think “Yup, he’s the kind the kind of guy that wants a mil order bride.”

mark90
    Free Member

Steve, lived on the Langley Estate in Middleton.
    Seems to be a common theme emerging here

Roy, lived in Weston Super Mare.
    Throw in a job working on the bins, a 7 figure lottery win, her teenage daughter, not being allowed sex because he couldn’t find the ‘special’ (non-existant) condoms that she insisted on, and setting up key logging software in the PC to catch her on internet dating sites, etc, etc and we reckon it would make a great TV series 😆

grum
    Free Member

No need for the language. Obviously its to detract from your own guilt – I wouldn’t write down the “N” word if someone else has said it, and neither should you promote it if you had any sensibility.

Give over.

I think the language is ‘illuminating’ about the kind of person ton is talking about. Although I have literally never heard that term before and had to google it.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

There is nothing racist in repeating what someone said in order to get a better understanding of the person. In this instance there would be no obvious abbreviation that Ton could have used, so the example of using the N word is redundant.

Ton’s description gives us the impression that the person in question is not the caring sensitive type if that is how he would refer to his wife and that enables us to build up a better understanding of the character of the person we are talking about.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘Thai bride……know anyone who has?’ is closed to new replies.