Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • TFTuned Big recommendation
  • Zaskar93
    Free Member

Just re-fitted my 2010 Rock Shox Revelation Race forks after they came back from TFTuned. What a difference! No fancy PUSH tuning just the standard but Excellent service and tuning from TFTuned. My Heckler has never felt so good. So thanks to Murray and everyone at TFTuned for their fast, efficient and friendly service. Just a shame they don’t do DHX5 Air shock servicing or that would be going there when it needs any attention too but for now it’s working in harmony with my rejuvenated forks. Well worth it. Now, where shall I put my new stickers?

AndyRT
    Free Member

+1 for TFT

Had an RP23 pushed,

BEST upgrade ever

growmac

+1 from me as well. Had my Float RLC 100 serviced and RP2 Push’d. Massive upgrade from new, and brilliant service.

lynchmob
    Free Member

i had my fox dhx 5 air serviced at mojo & they were quick & very good at communication. excellent company. you could go to them for your shock.

stumpyjon

Yep, excellent service for me last year as well, couldn’t fault them and I’m picky.

mrplow
    Free Member

Loco did a good job on my DHX4.5 Air for a lot less than Mojo.

JPcapel
    Free Member

Picked up a CCDB in person from TFT, really impressive set up, all meticulously clean, everyone wearing headsets so good telephone support with queries. Took trouble to let me ride round outside and check spring felt right, checked frame had adequate clearance to allow the CCDB to fully compress.
    Made to feel like I was their only customer for the day and nothing was too much trouble. Met one of the new owners, really open and happy to chat. A friendly positive vibe of a work place while I was there for about 1hr.
    Also some really cool old Rock Shox forks hanging on the walls, Mag ti 21’s – I had a set – they were class!
    I dealt with Matt from memory.

monstermarrow
    Free Member

+1 for TF Tuned!

I sent them a really really really ropey set of Dual-air non-u-turn Pike 454s I got cheap of Fleabay. They had almost everyting wrong with them, I cannot over-emphasise how bad these forks were:

All the control adjusters were snapped off the top of the CSU, not just the knobs missing – everthing sheared clean off! Air valve snapped, motion control adjuster snapped etc. I was almost embarrased to send them the forks in the first place, thinking thay would only be good for parts and not much else. The only good parts of the fork were the stanchions (which were miraculously clean), and the steerer which was nice and long.

Anyway, for the price of a normal TF service, they fixed everything!

They rang me to say that despite being labeled up as dual air on the lowers, on the inside, the forks were actually Coil U-turn. With all the cotrols snapped off at the top, it was difficult to tell from the outside. It was a complete mongrel! A proper Heinz 57 made up of bits from at least three different forks.

They even spotted that the fork had the wrong Maxle fitted (It was off a different RS fork, a Lyric I think). Rather than charging me £££ for a new maxle, they turned me a special aulminium spacer cup on their lathe, to make the longer Lyric axle fit the Pike.

Net result – I’ve now got a great set of Pike 454s, and TFT have a customer who will not look anywhere else for great service.

Highly recommended!

blablablacksheep
    Free Member

What is the difference between TF tuned and Mojo services?

Am i right in saying if you have a Fox fork then you have to have it serviced by Mojo otherwise the warrenty is void?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Am i right in saying if you have a Fox fork then you have to have it serviced by Mojo otherwise the warrenty is void?

Nope even if its been serviced by mojo weekely it’ll still be your fault.

ferrit
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon speaks the truth.

Militant_biker

I’ve once had ropey service from TFT after a mix-up in communications – which left me a bit 😐

They then excelled themselves the next time I used them, replacing several knacked parts on an elderly, rare Boxxer for free! Won me back in style. 😀

rickon
    Free Member

+1 for Simon from LoCo Tuning, he drinks beer, rides bikes, and eats pies; i.e. he’s a normal chap – it just so happens that he’s really good at fixing forks, shocks and all things lubed.

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Usually use TFT but just had pikes serviced by J Tech and am well impressed with service and price http://www.j-techsuspension.co.uk/

duir
    Free Member

Everything I have ever had done by or bought from TF has felt fantastic and become super reliable. Wouldn’t use anyone else.

pitcherpro
    Free Member

I have what i deem to be knackered 09 revelation coils , worn stanchion and bushes excessive play , would it be worth sending them to tf tuned or loco tuning to see if they’re repairable?

DT78
    Free Member

Is the ‘push’ upgrade more appropriate for DH / AM riding – my anthem needs it’s RP2 servicing and I was debating the extra to get it tuned, not sure if I’ll notice that much difference on a diddy shock on an Xc bike?

Jeffus
    Free Member

TFT all the way for me used them many may times awesome peeps, running a Push’d Van R on my Orange 5 feels superb.

Dancake
    Free Member

never answered my email about a Baseplate. Went to petra cycles for baseplate, uturn spring and knob. They were cheaper anyway

I find it shocking that big companies can supply stuff off the shelf and then you have to send it somewhere else to make it work

..or do you? Jump off the bandwagon. spend your money on your wife . Its all bollocks

duir
    Free Member

I find it shocking that big companies can supply stuff off the shelf and then you have to send it somewhere else to make it work

..or do you?

No. Not if you buy direct from TF to start with and these days they are very competitive on price. It’s not a case of making it work, more a case of making it work as well as possible.

It really isn’t “bollocks” but it’s hard to explain something like a TF PUSH tune until you have ridden one setup for your frame/body/riding style.

However you make an excellent point, why should you spend £100s on the latest suspension only to have to send it somewhere to make it work well or be reliable.

Dancake
    Free Member

Ill put my hand up – I dont really stand by my comment. Lots of beer, man flu and a bad back was making me bitter.

If I had the cash, sending my forks/ shock to TFTuned is exactly the kind of thing I would do.

apologies

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘TFTuned Big recommendation’ is closed to new replies.