Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • TF tuned question
  • easygirl

Sent some fox 36 .talas off to tf tuned came back with the report
    New seals etc etc,very professional
    Then there was a paragraph that surprised and disappointed me
    We have noticed a scratch on the upper left stanchion,these scratches gather dirt and can cause oil leaks,the only way to remedy this ist to have the full assembly replaced.I suggest this may be necessary on your next service

Panic set in and I inspected the forks as they are only 6 months old
    I saw a tiny tiny scratch barely visible about 10 mm long right at the top of the stanchion about 5 mm from the crown
    Now there is no way that I am. a, going to use that partof the fork, only in extreme circumstances and b,if I did I seriously doubt it would leak oil or harbour dirt.
    Do you think TF are being fair scaremongering customers
    It is fair to point the scratch out,but seriously would not warrant a replacement

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I look at it that they are treating you as an adult and are giving you their full and honest appraisal and opinion of your forks. Would you rather they didn’t notice any faults?

oldfart

Ah good old Fox eh ?My 36s needed a new upper assembly after 10 months despite having 4 lower services and new seals !Stanchion coating prob same as you .Got mine replaced under warranty then sold them and bought a pair of Lyriks .Can’t be doing with it , seems quite a common problem and knowing the guys at TF wouldn’t think would jerk yer chain !

kaesae
    Free Member

Any chance of a photo of the marks? I tend to just use super glue and fine grain sand paper to remove marks to fork stanchions. 😀

easygirl

No,no, no
    Very small scratch at the TOP of the tube,near the crown, not the bottom where there have been faults

I am glad they noticed it, but no way would it ever need replacing

mightymarmite
    Free Member

Id say they are doing it right, better to tell you so you can keep an eye on it, and if there are any issues they can rightly point out “we told you about that at the last service”

Assumption being made by them that if they dont point it out, and you discover the life ending scratch as you unpack the forks you will start a campaign of hate and vitriole on various websites telling the world how crap they are and quoting the Sale of Goods act, and bang on about their poor unfortunate cousin / brother / grandad who you go on to threaten.

easygirl

Ok,maybe I’m overreacting
    The advice was fine
    Thanks

tftunedshox
    Free Member

as mightymarmite says

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘TF tuned question’ is closed to new replies.