Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • TF Tuned Kashima shock body upgrade only £48 on top of service
  • galactus
    Free Member

Hi all,
    first topic post for me.
    Just got my Float R rear shock back from TF Tuned today and Boy oh Boy does it look and feel nice 😀
    Cant believe it was so cheap..service new mounting hardware,bushes[heavy duty]and a service all tuned to my weight and bike for £144
    Total steal
    And more

galactus
    Free Member

Junkyard
    Free Member

is that not about the cost of a new shock?

Either way £144 is not cheap

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    LoCo
    Free Member

Just the bodytube though? think that’s what Mojo’s RRP is as TF will have to send the shock to Mojo to change the body tube for them as they don’t supply anyone with them.
    I’m able to offer this service too BTW 😉 😯

galactus
    Free Member

Hi all,
    Junkyard..yeah right :lol:..you can buy me a NEW one for £144 custom tuned with Kashima barrel
    LoCo…tell me more,forks as well?

LoCo
    Free Member

Yep, can replace the uppers on forks with the Kashima kit at a good price. It works out cheapest if done as part of a full service as this covers the labour costs of the conversion too. 😀

galactus
    Free Member

Sweet,just checked your website..nice 😀
    Rough Ball Park price,as you said including service
    I have [non fit] float 32

LoCo
    Free Member

Drop me a mail info@locotuning.co.uk 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

Junkyard..yeah right :lol:..you can buy me a NEW one for £144 custom tuned with Kashima barrel
    LoCo…tell me more,forks as well?

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/Bike+Shop/Frame++Forks/Forks++Shocks/Rear+Shocks/Fox+RP2+ProPedal+Rear+Shock_FOX-RP2.htm

Its £174 but its an upgrade over your R shock !

It is dear I have a point but I am glad you are happy with your “bargain”

Loco that is not a dig at you itis what it is.

scruff
    Free Member

That Merlin shock is a tiny 1 size only and will probably have some random compression / rebound tune so not a good buy unless its specificly matches your frame / riding style, which it probably wont – so thats why its £174.

galactus
    Free Member

Junkyard,
    I stand corrected :-)…still not Kashima coated though!
    And yes I am happy with my “bargain”
    As I ride a Zesty a RP2 wouldn’t do anything for the ride or me[excellent suspension design means no need for 2 extra Pro pedal functions] 😆

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Has anyone proved the real benefit from “Kashima” yet? Slightly cynical, but also interested if it does really make a difference (other than looking nice on a bike that is already black and gold)

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

It’s filling the pores in the oxide coating with moly disulphide grease (you know that 4 quid a tub stuff) as well as pigment. Not exactly NASA stuff and been widely used in boring heavy industry but the sexy name and gold pigment combine to enhance performance by 27%. Or by Rad to the power of Gnarr in imperial units.

I bought a brand new old stock float R for 60quid (in popular 200×50 size) so 140 quid to tweak a base model shock means cheap is a relative concept.

Oh and welcome to the site, we are always this dismissive its nothing personal! And you paid to have it serviced twice? (Re read your post).

cynic-al
    Free Member

£50 SH ebay float user here, no issues, but I’m not the sort that would detect a pea under 25 matresses.

galactus
    Free Member

Crashtesrmonkey
    “I bought a brand new old stock float R for 60quid (in popular 200×50 size) so 140 quid to tweak a base model shock means cheap is a relative concept.”
    On that premise everything is “relative” your opinion mine, everybody’s …shit life’s already like that anyway :D!
    That “base shock” has been preferred by alot of people who’ve had RP23’s and RP2 etc
    Zesty is not the standard 200×50 its 200×57 so not so easy to find cheap

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

TFT etc like the basic shocks as they are easier to tune, and a well set up cheap shock is probably better than an expensive poorly set up shock. And I now ride a ccdb which is not cheap by any measure 🙄

Trimix
    Free Member

Anything that looks nice rides nice – until you sell it and then you can admit it was a bit of a waste of money 🙂

I went for a Kashima coating on my forks on the basis it looked great. Id be surprised if anyone could tell if there was less stiction than on the old versions. Lubing your seals would probably do more than a fancy coating.

Also on a shock its easy to protect it from scratches, its much less in the way than on forks.

But im sure I ride faster as a result.

takisawa2

LoCo, do your Float fork servicing prices apply to 29er versions also…?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘TF Tuned Kashima shock body upgrade only £48 on top of service’ is closed to new replies.