• This topic has 13 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by ton.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • texting photo's from phone to flickr………….how?
  • ton

I used to be able to text photos straight from my phone to flickr.
    I have lost this ability through being a silly old geyt.

think the thing I sent it to was Didnt43other@photos.flickr.com

can anyone confirm this for me.

rOcKeTdOg

Android does it if you’ve got the Flickr app & are logged in. Not txt though, via 4G etc

stumpy01

Is it a smart phone? And do you have the flickr app installed?

On Android, you go to the image you want to put on Flickr & then select the icon that looks like 3 dots joined with 2 lines (the share icon). You can then choose flickr as the place you want to share with.

You’ll need data connection or Wi-Fi to do that.

footflaps

There is a smart phone Flickr App which does batch upload, or though very annoyingly it uploads in a random order, which means I rarely use it and normally copy the photos from phone to laptop then upload via their web interface which at least preserves order….

Why would you text them – surely your network provider is going to hammer you for that? Does anyone text pictures any more?

STATO
    Free Member

think the thing I sent it to was Didnt43other@photos.flickr.com

Time to email photo’s to Ton’s Flickr account ;0)

As others have said, can you not just email them from your phone? That’s probably what you were doing anyway if you were sending txt to an email address (some phone systems allow you to ‘txt’ email addresses, it basically just sends a .txt file to the recipient)

jambalaya
    Free Member

As above there is an app to do that. I found it massively annoying and also ability to post pictures here stopped working so I gave up. texting them is a multi-media message and can be very expensive especially if you did it abroad.

Use something else, eg photobucket

CountZero

There’s an app called Mobile Fotos – Flickr uploader which is on iOS, not sure if it’s on Android or not, which works really well, unlike Flickr and it’s now useless (in)ability to allow photos to be posted on here.

footflaps

There’s an app called Mobile Fotos

Appears to not work anymore according to reviews..

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mobile-fotos-flickr-browser/id284393206?mt=8

Seems to happen quite a lot, developers lose interest and stop updating their Apps.

ton

been and got a new android phone. my old one was a crappy windows thing.

sorted.

ton

jambalaya
    Free Member

been and got a new android phone. my old one was a crappy windows thing.

Happy days

ton

[url=https://flic.kr/p/HpzRry]2016-06-04_01-25-41[/url] by 20ston, on Flickr

ton

oh, it works. sorry for being a caveman.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘texting photo's from phone to flickr………….how?’ is closed to new replies.