Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Text input 'thing' doing my ****ing head in!
  • higgo
    Free Member

This might not seem the biggest issue facing humanity at the moment but it’s rotting my swede….

If I am typing something and use ‘fancy’ formatting (like bold or italics) the cursor seems to want to jump back to the last formatted text. So when I delete a mistake using backspace it doesn’t delete the last thing typed but the last thing typed with a special format.

So, imagine I’m writing a sales listing and type….
    For sale: Moon on a stick: £125

Then I decide the £125 is a bit steep for the moon on a stick so, with cursor flashing after the 5 of £125, I hit <backspace> twice but, would you chuffing believe it, the bugger’s deleted the last two letters of stick.

This has only happened since I got a new Acer laptop with Windows 7. I can’t help thinking there’s something installed that thinks it’s helping me when it’s not.

Any ideas?
    (apart from find something more important to worry about?)

I_Ache
    Free Member

Not much help but just so you know your not being unreasonable. That would do my bloody head in!

Cougar

What application are you talking about?

higgo
    Free Member

What application are you talking about?

Ah…. we may be onto something here…. Google Chrome.
    (I used IE on my old laptop without this ‘feature’)

I wonder if it’s Google helping me?

Cferg
    Free Member

Try hitting the ‘insert’ button on your keyboard, fixed a similar problem for me recently.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Text input 'thing' doing my ****ing head in!’ is closed to new replies.