Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Text apps on Android phones
  • rhid

I just got a nice new Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 to replace my older moto g. I have unlocked it successfully to use with my 3 sim card. However it appears that the text (SMS) app on the phone is for vodafone use only.

I have noticed it has a google text app too, will this allow me to recieve, read and send texts? If not can anyone recommend something which will allow me to do that?

Thanks

Rhid

nemesis
    Free Member

I use the standard Google one it sounds like you’ve found.

rhid

Thats good to know!

The phone is not quite set up yet so once I activate the sim on the new phone any texts I get should be routed through the google app..??

cp

Depends if you set it to the default SMS app in settings. Just make sure it’s set.

bruneep

Have gosms but it’s only used for work and mother to contact me, otherwise it’s Whatsapp

rhid

Right, I will set ti to default and see how I go! The Text app is really only for my mum too! Whatsapp for everything else!

Rich
    Free Member

I deleted or disabled all of the Vodafone apps. I use the Google Messenger app to text.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Textra

sheeps

Handcent

rhid

Rich – did you have any issues doing that? What exactly did you delete?

Rich
    Free Member

No issues whatsoever. I can’t remember the names, but I could tell which were Vodafone apps from the names or overly red logos! The ones that wouldn’t delete I was able to disable. It looks much more like stock android now.

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

I’d recommend Textra. Loads of features including the ability to delay sending messages for a few seconds(came in handy a few times when pressed send in error) and when composing a new message it only shows mobile numbers from you contacts and not landlines.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Text apps on Android phones’ is closed to new replies.