Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Tevez signs……
  • Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

…. and didn't seem impressed with the rubbish Sir bacon face has been coming out with…..

trailmonkey

City will still be kaka.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

we wont win the league this year, but neither will united….

trailmonkey

you won't win the league in the next 5 years with Hughes in charge

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

and you know because?

yossarian
    Free Member

city fans are better than united fans whoever wins the league – FACT

trailmonkey

because of his woeful performance last season despite having a half useful team. if city really want a successful side, they need to recruit a manager that might inspire the really top players to come. at best, city will be scrapping for 5th place with villa and everton.

BlackDog
    Free Member

Surely the thread title should have said 'football transfer spoiler' 😉

teamyeti
    Free Member

most successful manager britian has ever seen, and as for mark hughes!!!

jimmy

On paper, Owen had a better record than Tevez last year. Maybe because Tevez didn't play too much? Good job there's not many strikers to choose from at City. Oh wait…

teamyeti
    Free Member

city fans are better than united fans whoever wins the league – FACT
    what is that statement based on then??

trailmonkey

on everyone having a really low opinion of utd fans ?

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

mmmmm, Gareth Barry, and Carlos tevez, arguably two of the best players in there positions in the premiership 9and we have not finished),united brought in Obertan (?)valencia, and Owen, definatly not…….. and no one else is coming. bacon face has lost the plot, selling two out of his best three players of last year, last time united sold a superstar, they didnt win anything for 3 years….

and owen having a better record than tevez last year, owen scored nothing in his last 12 games…….

yossarian
    Free Member

most successful manager britian has ever seen

when taggart wins the world cup he'll get that acolade. until then you'll need to be satisfied with the most successful manager in everything other than europe. 😉

teamyeti
    Free Member

who wouldnt sell fncy pants for £80 million and as for teves he wasnt ours to sell, Gareth barry wanted champions league football but decided to go to shitty for the money along with all your other signings, nobody has joined them because they are a big club, rich in tradition, and very successful unlike the massive shadow you have been under for many years, its for the money bitter blue trev.

mt
    Free Member

Just proves that in football it's only about money. Why go to a team of losers from a team of winners. Supose the sad gits of Manchester need some crow about.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

and what statement is that based on….

its a well known fact that the majority of united fans are glory hunters, there was a poll a few years back, 65% of united fans dont even have a north west postcode… the same poll had, think it was 80% of city fans HAVING a MANCHESTER post code.

United are the biggest club in the world, but it seems that even that isnt enough to attract players, maybe it might have something to do with the fact this could be bacon face's last year, and the club is massively in debt, id rather be a city fan than a utd fan anyday

and bitter, i doubt it, according to my united mates who have season tickets, generally the ones who spout crap like "we hate city and liverpool" never go, probably have never been to OT and walk around in united shirts with names and numbers on when there isnt even a game on,and more than likely dont even live in near manchester, and supported them post- 1991……..

bitterness is drifting from the blues to the reds, always complaining about us buying players, when you had £80 million and no one to spend it on….

does that sound like im bitter, nothing to be bitter about, viva la revolucion

billybob
    Free Member

best thing about all this money coming to man city is suddenly there is someone who can boss Chelsea about, making cheeky offers for Mr Chelsea

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

all about money, yep your right, united have never bought the league…

Ronaldo £12 million, Rooney £30 million, Veron £28 million, Ferdinand £31 million, Nani and Anderson £30 million,Carrick £18 million, Hargreaves £18 million,Van Nistlerooy £18 million, heinze £6 million, Smith £6 million, Vidic £10 million, need i go on……

yet they cant attract anyone these days…..

mt
    Free Member

See what I mean City fans are a bunch of wingers. Givem a nice new ground to play on and they moan, give loads of dosh and they moan. They moan about everyone but themselves, bet you'll be telling us about the good old days of Franny Lee and Colin Bell next.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

who is moaning? merely stating facts….. im far from moaning, im in a pretty good mood at the moment…

mt
    Free Member

I saw the bit about United being the bigest club in the world but no other facts.

teamyeti
    Free Member

Bitter Trev are you implying you are going to win the league, if so you are as deluded as every other shitty fan, no bitterness at the theatre of dreams,shitty have spent their fare share on players with nothing to show for it, and i think hold the record on the changes in management.

HTTP404
    Free Member

Man City last season was a very good laugh. This season should be even better.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

we wont win the league this year, we dont have a good enough team yet, and neither do utd. and trust me, there is a massive amount of bitterness at OT….. in debt, no money, not an attraction to players anymore, the complete opposite of City at the moment……

if you think im happy now, imagine how ecstatic im going to be by Friday…..

trailmonkey

in fairness, i don't think city will have top live in utd's shadow any longer, i think most people will hate them both equally.

look on the bright side guys, you could be scousers.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

fair point TM, though i still dont think we will ever be as unpopular as utd…….. no matter how much money we spend.

teamyeti
    Free Member

success breeds hate, nobody hated us in the seventies and eighties, with liverpools success it was there turn, nobody ever hates a little club like city with no success.ps nobody thinks your happy its delusion.

teamyeti
    Free Member

Anyway all the very best for the season ahead.

forlornhope
    Free Member

haha 30 million for nani and anderson.
    what a waste

theflatboy
    Free Member

Manchester Trev – Member

who is moaning? merely stating facts….. im far from moaning, im in a pretty good mood at the moment…

i will be too if you give us over £20m for adebayor. 🙂

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

you to TeamYeti. we will speak again on the 20th September. good luck.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

£25 for Adebayor is pretty good for a proven striker, thought you would want a lot more, even keep him, at least til eduardo is fully fit, other wise you only have Bender and van persie

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hehe, I'm gonna join in…

I saw the bit about United being the bigest club in the world but no other facts.

I think you might find you're second or third behind Real and Barcelona…unless there is some strange criteria by which you are judging your size. Barcelona don't even need a sponsor. Actually, we'll leave this one, but it's a moot point you'll agree.

success breeds hate, nobody hated us in the seventies and eighties, with liverpools success it was there turn,

Why don't you have a chat with people who were around in the seventies and eighties. Leeds Utd was the team everyone hated in the seventies/early eighties with Giles and co merrily kicking seven colours of shit out of anyone unfortunate enough to have to play them. Yes, many disliked Liverpool for their success but they never engendered the hatred that ManU brought upon themselves in the nineties. I don't know why, but that's how it was. ManU fans love to bring this one up, but when I ask people who were around, that's what they say. Spontaneous chants of YNWA all over the country the day the Kop was pulled down etc etc. I guess ManU fans have always hated scousers and like to think that everybody else did too.

no matter how much money we spend.

Until your fans start waving ten pound notes at opposition supporters in the away end a la Chelsea. Or do you think that Citeh supporters are just too decent to do that sort of thing.

no bitterness at the theatre of dreams,shitty have spent their fare share on players with nothing to show for it

Short memory of Utd's early splurging with little to show either? It took Chelsea a few years to win a title too didn't it? Arguably, once they got Essien back they were the best side in the premiership, certainly better than Liverpool but they couldn't make up the points they'd dropped earlier.

RicB

haha 30 million for nani and anderson.
    what a waste

Compared to the 28m they paid for Veron it's bargaintastic!

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

some very good points there DD, and i dont think city fans will be waving £10 notes around, thats nearly 3 pints at eastlands……

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

thats nearly 3 pints at eastlands……

Or a pint and half a shandy for the missus anywhere near Chelsea's ground.

For the record though, I'm happy for another team thrown into the mix…lets have a top 5 or a top 6. Anything to make it more interesting.

trailmonkey

Yes, many disliked Liverpool for their success but they never engendered the hatred that ManU brought upon themselves in the nineties. I don't know why, but that's how it was.

Sorry, but I think that you're wrong there. I remember there being widespread if begrudging respect for Paisley's Liverpool but Dalglish's team were universally despised for their whinging, for bullying the ref and for generally expecting everyone else to let them win. Quite loathesome. The only difference between the hatred for Fergusons Utd and Dalglish's Liverpool is the amount of time that it has gone on for.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sorry, but I think that you're wrong there.

No need to apologise. We're discussing football and therefore the rest of the forum would be disappointed if we used common decency when addressing a post with which we disagree.

I remember there being widespread if begrudging respect for Paisley's Liverpool but Dalglish's team were universally despised for their whinging, for bullying the ref and for generally expecting everyone else to let them win.

Well we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I still suspect that it was a Manchester-centric hatred. As far as bullying the ref, again, I can't remember much ref bullying going on. Arguably the first real pressure was put on refs when Furguson instructed Keane and Scholes to constantly badger the ref on the pitch while he did it from the sidelines. Of course, Sky's 37 camera angles on every incident didn't help either. And they didn't expect everyone to let them win – they just went and won everything regardless.

The only difference between the hatred for Fergusons Utd and Dalglish's Liverpool is the amount of time that it has gone on for.

Have you been listening to the ManU fan who comes on FiveLive and finishes every sentence with a thinly concealed insult to scousers?

EDIT: tm, we'll just leave it to opinion…I'm not looking to start a "youse were more hated than us" argument. The OP was about Citeh and someone will accuse me of being RudeBoy in disguise if I drag it around to a ManU vs Liverpool thread…again.

trailmonkey

I still suspect that it was a Manchester-centric hatred

Well, I'm a Villa supporting Brummie, so you're wrong there.

Arguably the first real pressure was put on refs when Furguson instructed Keane and Scholes to constantly badger the ref on the pitch while he did it from the sidelines

So the image of McMahon, Nichol, Dalglish and Aldridge surrounding and screaming at the ref must be a figment of my imagination then. I don't think that you really think that haranguing the ref was invented by Man Utd.

edit, dd you're right, it is drifting off topic a little.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Tevez signs……’ is closed to new replies.