Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Teva Links…….Any good?
  • choppersquad
    Free Member

Seen some mighty cheap, but I’ve only worn five tens before.
    How do the Teva Links compare?

ART

Chunkier, stiffer/ thicker soles and not quite so grippy as my FiveTens, but I do like them. For reference I swap between FiveTens, the old Shimano AM40s, Sombrio Shazams, & Tevas.

timmys

Love mine – so I’d be interested in where they are cheap as they have stopped producing them!

A bit less grip than my old 5.10 Impacts, but in a good way. I can alter the position of my foot a lot easier but still have more than enough grip (this is with Vault pedals). Compared to impacts they are less chunky and a whole lot less orthopaedic looking.

boxxer7
    Free Member

Got a pair a year or so ago, I’m not keen on them for riding, they are nowhere near as sticky as five tens but they are better made and more comfy. I wear mine almost every day just prefer my five tens for on the bike.

weeksy

J E James. 50%.

Cferg
    Free Member

I got a brand new pair from eBay from some watersports shop for £30 not too long ago and really like them – swap between them and Shimano am41’s.

jonnyseven

I have some links but far prefer 5.10 impacts for grip. As boxxer says links are better made and more comfy – I would add that links dry a hell of a lot faster and are less chunky. I use them as a trainer and now I have some new black ones on order. Cheers.

Also considering getting some impact soles put on the link uppers when the soles run out.

jedi

Never seen them teva or 5tens at my lbs or at bike shows

mcnultycop

I’ve got 2 pairs. They are ace.

leegee

Cheers for that, I’ve ordered some

creedy
    Free Member

Mcnultycop, how do they size up? I’ m really a 8 an half. So if they size up I can get an 8 in not a nine. I know foot size is a hard one to quantify! But been looking at something like these for a while so would like to try and get em right. Damn my odd foot size!

mcnultycop

Normally. I’m a 9 in everything (Adidas, New Balance, Clarks, Shimano SPD-SLs, etc) and I’m a 9 in Teva’s.

I’m sure this doesn’t help you. Sorry.

creedy
    Free Member

Yes it does help. Thanks. 9 it is!

jam-bo

They were ok but didn’t last very well. The whole ‘ion mask’ thing is complete bollocks.

weeksy

Mine arrived…

Sadly… one is a 10UK, the other is a 7.5UK ! Grrrrr.

honourablegeorge

Love mine, on second pair, first pair have lasted ages (except the laces, but they give you two pairs)

Not sure what Five Tens the second poster had, but the Tevas are miles lighter and dry much faster than Impacts, and are about the aame weight/bulk as Freeriders.

creedy
    Free Member

Mine came today. Lovely fit and a lot lighter than my am41’s. not tried them in anger yet but will see how tet get on round swinley and beyond on sat. Must be good as my daughter thought the laces were ‘cool’!

BearBack
    Free Member

Great shoes, shame Teva ducked out of the mountain bike game. I was excited for a pair of pivots..

leegee

Got mine today and did a very muddy ride tonight, I like them

nuke

Just curious how j e James works as never used before: ordered middle of last week, heard nothing since ordering and can’t login to see the status of my order like other sites. Do they send out a despatch email?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I was excited for a pair of pivots..

Got a pair and love them, great SPD/Skate style shoes for platformed pedals

weeksy

nuke – Member

Just curious how j e James works as never used before: ordered middle of last week, heard nothing since ordering and can’t login to see the status of my order like other sites. Do they send out a despatch email?

I had about 6 mails.

1. we’ve got your order
    2. We’ve seen your order
    3. we’re going to send it
    4. we’ve sent
    5. it’s almost there
    6. You now have it..

Oh… what do you mean, you wanted them both to be the same size shoe !

😉

nuke

Thanks weeksy, sounds like I should have got an email if they had been despatched

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I don’t really like mine. Had them over a year and they just don’t seem to be wearing in at all. Pretty uncomfortable, sole is overly stiff (IMHO) and the waterproof-ness is rubbish and mine get wet and stay wet for days on end.

Think I might try 5.10s next time or go back to Shimanos as I loved my old AM40s (? – the grey ones with the big flap over the laces).

weeksy

Oh FFS… Someone is having a laugh…

They got my shoes back, they’ve found some in the right size and sent the to my home address in Chelmsford.

However.. I live in West Berks, I’ve never even been to Chelmsford, let alone lived there.

🙁

nuke

Dear me, not having much luck there weeksy 🙁

Mine still haven’t shown up. I emailed yesterday and got a fairly quick response saying they’d be priority despatched and promptly got a despatch email 20 mins later…not overly confident at this time. First impressions of J E James aren’t great at the moment 😐

weeksy

Sorted now. Right sizes here.

nuke

Excellent. Got mine too…look alright, certainly for the price. Nice they come with 2 further sets of laces as well

FOG

I have the hi-tops which are a bit clumpy and don’t stick to pedals as well as the Sombrios I also use. They are, however, fairly robust and look as if they will easily outlast the Sombrios

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Second ride in mine today, very comfy and sturdy, only downside is that I find them very hot

Rorschach
    Free Member

I was just gonna add….they roast your feet!

daveh
    Free Member

Not found mine too hot but definitely not 5:10 levels of grip.

gavstorie
    Free Member

i ordered stuff from je james a while ago.. the experience wasnt good.. lesson learnt

creedy
    Free Member

Shame about people having a bit of a problem with the deliveries. Mine came next day.
    I also just changed my pedals from V12’s to saints and found my AM41’s just didn’t like the saint’s. Was going to go back to the v12’s but then changed to the Teva’s and they matched up a treat. so definately horses for courses on the grip/ platform front. I find them sooo comfy as well. just seem to fit my narrow feet well.

rOcKeTdOg

Ordered Tuesday, arrived Thursday from JEJames. 3 pairs of laces, currently running the lairy blue ones, feel stiff to walk in but should be good for pedalling

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Teva Links…….Any good?’ is closed to new replies.