Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Teva Links and weather?
  • Northwind

Stif have a sale on Teva Links this weekend, and coincidentally I just killed a pair of AM40s so need new shoes…

Heard very variable things about the Links. Everyone says they’re less grippy than Five Ten- not a problem, Five Ten are silly grippy. Haven’t heard many people actually have a problem with lack of grip?

Real consideration is the weather though, thinking of the Mids which hopefully will keep more water out, and the ION mask is supposed to help waterproofing… Does it? Or are they just another “wet through as soon as you hit a puddle” flat shoe?

jam-bo

No, they just dry out quicker than five tens

thepurist

These are another option worth a look.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Links arent waterproof, but feel more platicy than spongey and definitely dry out quicker. I find mine comfortable, and warm as they have plenty of space for large socks. I’ve grown to like the bungee laces too (and the colour…)

They are grippy enough for me, and fairly light weight, without feeling flimsy.

I dont ride in waterproof trousers very often, so the big hole in the top of all boots is a bigger issue than their waterproofness. Links + Sealskinz works well.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Wife has a pair. Her verdict compared to 5.10 is, comfier, lighter, just as likely to get wet but dry out much quicker.

Northwind

I suppose the Giro Jacket is the another contender too… But the Links are at a pretty good price.

So I’m getting the impression that the waterproofing’s not, but that they’re otherwise good anyway?

Anyone had a pair long enough to judge them on durability? Still haven’t really forgiven Five Ten for the One-Winter-Impacts I had that just rotted away…

honourablegeorge

Evans have the links real cheap in some sizes too

I love them, no illusions on them being waterproof, but prefer them to Five Tens for comfort, lightness and ease of drying out, dirt more or less rinses off them

Edit – Had mine since mid last winter, not a stitch out of place, seem really good, and they’r edragged through crap twice a week.

proberts
    Free Member

I had a pair of Links, very comfy and good quality. Well worth a punt IMO

Paul

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Think I’ll be pointing the missus in the direction of the cheap Links this weekend since she was gonna get me some for Chrimbo anyway…

Simon

I’ve got some Teva Pinner shoes, same sole as Links but suede uppers.
    Nowhere near as grippy or stiff as FiveTen Freeriders.
    I prefer the Freeriders, and with a liberal application of waterproofing spray they’re fairly weather proof and dry out reasonably quickly (way better than Impacts!).
    Ended up wearing the Tevas as everyday trainers.

doom_mountain

Keen to get some while they’re cheap, how do they size up?

Onzadog
    Free Member

What are they like in terms of stiffness compared to the impacts?

LAT

I am a size 43, my links are 44.5. If it is any help 43.5 north face shoes and boots fit me perfectly

They are nothing like as stiff as impacts. More like freeriders in that respect.

stevede
    Free Member

I took a punt on some of these today, I doubt they’ll be anymore waterproof than anything else but I’m hoping they’ll be decent at drying out, will be rotating these and some shimano am’s over winter – will save my five tens for summer (whichever day that lands on next year).

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Teva Links and weather?’ is closed to new replies.