Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Teva Links?
  • mboy
    Free Member

Yay or nay?

As an alternative to a pair of Vans as a pair of casual shoes rather than for riding in to be fair (I ride clipped in mainly), though may get the occasional flat pedal ride out in summer.

I like the look of them, and there’s some good prices around at the moment. How do they size up though? I’m normally a 10 in most things, do they compare favourably to say Vans or Nike’s?

ton

yay from me. comfy, grippy, dry fast, and comfy again.

boxxer7
    Free Member

Size up narrow I find so try a pair length wise they’re fine. Nowhere near as grippy as five tens. They don’t hold much water when wet. Not a bad shoe I wear mine everyday.

mcnultycop

I like mine a lot, but when they get wet they stay wet. Enough grip for me but I can adjust if necessary.

I’d buy some more.

mcnultycop

Ps they don’t seem narrow to me.

Lummox

Took a while to loosen up, but now not bad, not as grippy as five tens but if they’re for casual then who cares

honourablegeorge

Really liked mine, very comfy, dry faster than 5:10s (wouldn’t say they were “water resistant” or whatever they’re marketed as, though), decent grip, not bulky.

Have Vans Gravels now, and though there’s very little in it, I think I prefer them.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Didn’t like mine. Not grippy enough. Took a bit longer to soak out than a 5:10, but took about the same amount of time to dry once they were sopping. Ended up swapping them for some Freeriders.

Off the bike, they’d be OK though.

mboy
    Free Member

Cheers

Got narrow feet anyway, so the fit won’t be an issue if they’re narrower than 5:10’s etc.

Waterproofness not an issue, really will only be for casual wear and maybe odd messabout on a bike in good weather.

nodrog2
    Free Member

I have the Teva Mid Links and they are comfy, tough and built to last. They take a while to break in but make a pretty good off the bike shoe. On the bike they work well but the sole isn’t as grippy as 5Tens (this can be viewed as good or bad). They can feel a little clumpy on the bike and I prefer 5Tens but they make a good alternative. Definitely better looking.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I love mine, they are really good. Stiff, grippy, dry quick. (Ish)

mboy
    Free Member

Ok then, next question…

Regular Links, or the Mid height version?

LoCo
    Free Member

Mid links on offer at Rutland leisure atm, got a set and they’re great, not too hight at all.

Simon

I’ve had some Teva Pinner trainers (same sole as Links but suede upper) for a couple of years. Bought them to wear as riding shoes but coming from Five Tens I found them lacking grip, so I’ve just worn them as everyday trainers. Very comfy, and size up as you’d expect, maybe a touch smaller than Vans.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Got mine for free but nice and comfy fine for the odd ride but I ride clips anyway. Most worn casual shoes currently.

Mackem

can anyone point me towards any deals on Tevas – cheers.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Mid height version. They look a little like 1992 air jordans

nodrog2
    Free Member

Edinburgh bike coop have the blue ones reduced. Not as cheap as the link above though.

http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/products/teva-links-mid

2bit

Cheaper again here – http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/teva-links-mid-shoe-black-id68383.html

No idea how they fit or compare to anything else as mine are sat in a local sorting office awaiting collection. Ummed & ahhed for a while then saw the Jejames cost & just did it.

Rockape
    Free Member

I have Shimano AM41 which I think are fab, but take ages to dry. So I have just purchased some links mids as a second pair of shoes to try and alway have a dry set. Haven’t had chance to use yet but the cheapest I could find them was http://bit.ly/1bc1zRk and that’s cheaper than Rutlands sell them on their own website.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

As an alternative to a pair of Vans as a pair of casual shoes rather than for riding in to be fair (I ride clipped in mainly), though may get the occasional flat pedal ride out in summer.

Would you wear AM41 as a casual shoe?

myti
    Free Member

Another yes from me. I have them as my summer riding shoe and also use them when cycling into town as they are great to walk around in. Had mine 18 months and still in excellent nic

doom_mountain

I like them, after seeing this thread, I may buy another pair while they’re cheap!
    I ended up with the mid version, great for long hike a bike routes…

mattrgee
    Free Member

Just got the black mids from jejames, see 2bit’s link. They seems very well made and I figure the mid will be good for the current and going wet conditions.

£45 for the mids at jejames.

FOG

Bought some from Rutland a few months ago and at first hated them but I realised when I saw this thread that they have become the shoes I reach for first! Not as grippy as some but not so It causes problems. At the prices around at the moment they are a snip, I too am thinking about another pair.

summitsup
    Free Member

Comfy shoes, i have ridden the links on flats and was so impressed i got some Pivots, Teva’s SPD offering. Great fit on both shoes and a stiff sole on the Pivot’s, they are going for a bargain at JeJames at the mo
    Links £42
    Links Mid £44

Blueadvocate

Got a pair of mid’s (bargain from JE James) for the winter so I don’t knacker my Freeriders.
    Fit seems normal to me.

myti
    Free Member

Very tempted for another pair at that price! I paid full price last year.

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Thanks for the link for the Links!
    Just ordered mids.
    Richard

stevede
    Free Member

This may be the reason they are now reduced http://m.vitalmtb.com/features/Teva-to-Stop-Producing-Mountain-Bike-Shoes-The-End-of-One-Story-But-Not-of-the-Adventure,603
    They were always lacking in five ten levels of grip but were great for drying out and being better at shrugging off a shower – now five ten have the elements range out they probably wouldn’t be better at anything apart from looking a bit less ‘special’ shame though, was nice for five ten to briefly have some form of competition.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Teva Links?’ is closed to new replies.