Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Testing the water – Strength & Conditioning and Injury rehab/prevention for MTB
  • cjr61

Testing the water – Strength & Conditioning and Injury rehab/prevention for MTB

Hi guys,

My name is Chris and I’m a strength & conditioning coach, sports scientist and university lecturer. I’ve always worked with elite athletes, sports people and cyclists but none from MTB. I’m interested to get some feedback as to how people train and what might be beneficial for them within MTB.

I didn’t want this to seem like a blatant marketing ploy as to be honest I was just hoping for some info and suggestions. No money down/back guarantees/inches of waist/tone up/new and improved/this was me then and this is me now….!

I love riding and would love to combine my passions of S&C with riding. I’ve drafted together a simple survey to help me gain a little more understanding.

There is an optional sign up at the bottom of the survey if you’d like me to add you to out mailing list for newsletters and info as things develop. If you get the chance on a busy Friday to ping in some answers to the survey that would be excellent and much appreciated.

SURVEY CLICKY

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If anything does evolve in the future forum members will reap the rewards with healthy discounts!

Thanks

Chris

chris@strength2perform.co.uk

p.s. I’ve checked the board restrictions and hopefully this isn’t pissing off any mods but apologies if it does. Nothing for sale and not soliciting for business!

redthunder
    Free Member

I love dissertations ME 🙂

cjr61

Dissertations….nah just a little quiet Friday morening reasearch and development!

On a side note: If anyone is interested in foam rolling to improve recovery, flexibility and performance I have a good info sheet. Drop me an email.

Cheers

Chris

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Question 3 is poorly conceived as there is one answer, (all be it multiple choice), but it needs to relate to multiple answers in question 2, therefore you end up checking all the options without any reference to which specific question 2 answer they apply to.

cjr61

Fair Point Swedish Chef….need to improve my logic reasoning and structure. Thanks for heads up.

cjr61

Swedish Chef – think i’ll leave Q3 as is so it doesn’t skew the info. Will know for next time! Thanks

alwillis

Survey done. Agree Q3 wasn’t well worded I’m afraid. Will be interested to se what comes of this though!

wrecker
    Free Member

My S&C coach does this for me already. Loads of strength, mostly one legged exercises so I can’t compensate with my stronger side, improve my balance and stabilising muscles. Loads of glutes, hams. Plenty of plyo. It’s a certainly a good idea though, good luck with it!

cjr61

Thanks for all the feedback so far guys. Will report back when I have some conclusions from the data.

schmiken

Done the survey and would appreciate the foam roller stuff – email in profile 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

Same as above, done the survey, would you be kind enough to send the foam roller stuff?

bellefied
    Free Member

p.s. I’ve checked the board restrictions and hopefully this isn’t pissing off any mods but apologies if it does. Nothing for sale and not soliciting for business!

no board restrictions but you might piss of the “Chuck Norris Crew” (official trademark) who don’t believe any biker should pay for any bike related service, ever, be it a bike fit, a physio, a naked Swedish massage or a skills course – you should work everything our yourself by resorting to books or google and never ever ever, definitely not pay someone to help you with it…

cjr61

Foam roller info sheets sent out guys.

Bellefied – haha i like it!

mcnultycop

Completed for you. I do a lot of “pure” strength training, Squats/Deads etc. and find whilst it helps my cycling it also hinders it in terms of conflicting demands on the body and differing dietary requirements.

I’d love the foam roller sheet as I use a roller once or twice a week at the moment. I’ll e-mail now.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Testing the water – Strength & Conditioning and Injury rehab/prevention for MTB’ is closed to new replies.