Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tesla hubs
  • alrob
    Free Member

Super fast pick up on the new tesla hubs could not disagree with this statement as it feels I’ve spent more time carrying bike than riding it. Purchased wheelset end of jan 2013 and for first 40 mile was fantastic until the rear derailleur started to pick up when free wheeling. So sent them back to Superstar comp at a cost of £17 on return 2 weeks or so later the rear wheel was back with note problem with freehub due to pressure washing…….Strange as never have maybe!!! Maybe my ride round a wet muddy Delemere caused the problem.Round 2 This time freehub lasted a little longer but when failed it failed with complete loss of drive but this time only two mile walk till I phoned Mrs to rescue me…Not wasting my time sending wheel back again at a cost to me but going to get a new hub strung in stans rim as happy with them. All in all I think the tesla hub may work well in a much dryer flatter place as for myself I would not use them even for riding canal paths. …… sent superstar a e mail not going to ring there premium rate phone line as will not get another penny off me and they can stick there packet of jelly sweets where the sun does not shine

epicyclo

Why not dissect the hub yourself?

The problem may be obvious, and it is of public interest. 🙂

DT78
    Free Member

Don’t bother writing a “review” on their site either. Negative ones get deleted….

honourablegeorge

This was already posted on the previous Tesla thread.

Why start another thread with the same complaint?

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/new-superstar-tesla-hub-anyone-any-insightbought-one

vancoughcough
    Free Member

I guess cos he’s annoyed. I’d like to like Superstar, keep waiting for him to manufacture stuff with the CNC machine he bought? Has he yet?

alrob
    Free Member

Only this weekend I’ve ever made a comment on any forum if I have put it in wrong context I’m sorry but if I save someone from along walk home and money then I would be more than happy. As for finding the cause ofproblem that is in hand.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tesla hubs’ is closed to new replies.