Viewing 22 posts - 161 through 182 (of 182 total)
  • Tescos – price or ethics issues bringing them down ?
  • cbmotorsport
    Free Member

But you are also emotionaly invested in the subject so not exactly an objective observer.

I’d argue that one, I do not give a monkeys about Tesco’s success or otherwise. But I understand why you may think that.

But whether what people think about tesco is true or not people still think it so its still their problem as they are projecting this image. They need to fix it.

Completely agree. They are pretty awful at blowing their own trumpet about the good things that they do and their considerable efforts to ensure fairness. Up until now, they haven’t had to maybe?

However the public perception of Tesco is that they are trying to con us into thinking they are cheap and in stock rather than actually changing anything.

They price promise, so there’s no conning going on, if they are more expensive they give it back off your next shop. No good if you don’t shop at Tesco regularly, but if you do you know you are paying the same as you would elsewhere.

I’m surprised at you questioning stock, I’ve never had a problem. I may be lucky though.

wrecker
    Free Member

The biggest reason for Tesco’s drop in profit is the rise of the discount stores, Aldi, Lidl etc.

That’s because of all of the big supermarkets, they are the most comparable. Saying that, I like Aldi and will shop there unlike Tesco which I avoid. I hate the Metros, the superdoopermarkets and the bloody mobile phone emails I keep getting.

neilwheel
    Free Member

But this does seem to be the common attitude of large company head offices, not just Tesco.

My Mrs works for Tesco head office so is certainly in the know, and has had a good chuckle at some of the crap being posted.

People and customers complain, company staff find it amusing.

mefty
    Free Member

I really like Tesco, they are a great company, I have done business with them at a corporate level and it was an absolute pleasure – found them much better to do business with than Sainsbury, who I found more bureaucratic.

However, as a customer I think what they are offering is too complicated, there are too many different offers. There are the 2 for 3 etc, the price promise, vouchers for clubcard holders, petrol savings, plus others that come through the online side. They need to streamline these in one or two so their “Value Proposition” is clearer to their occasional customers and their clubcard holders.

They need to stop being cute and focus on making their stores as convenient for customers as possible – stop moving everything around, it just pushed me to Clic and Collect which must cost them more – make sure there is stock etc etc. They are stuck with the property so they have to make it work for their customers.

gogg
    Free Member

LMT

the problem is if Tesco went belly up the one thing we all forget it’s the second biggest employer in the uk after the nhs. If/when things go south it pretty much effects everyone in the country.

However, it’s also publicly funded. So many staff in receipt of “tax credits” (state subsidy) to a business that either can’t or won’t pay it’s staff enough to live on, because of low contracted hours and low pay. Maybe it should be nationalised??

cynic-al
    Free Member

grum – Member

500 local jobs in one area?
    That can only be a good thing.

Not really if it takes jobs away from independents who employ more people to do the same work (oh noes they aren’t as efficient) and put much more of their money/profits back into the local economy.

And often pay them better

grum
    Free Member

Well done on your whataboutery iolo, however as I already said ‘You may have a point that other supermarket chains aren’t much better, but that doesn’t make Tesco ethical.’ Two or more wrongs don’t make a right, last time I checked.

Tesco are the market leader so have the most power to bully, hence why they have the worst reputation.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Shall I go on?

Well you could but since your first link includes such bastions of newsworthy-ness as David Icke’s forums I think your probably not making the point that you think you are.

iolo
    Free Member

Ok, ignore his almighty lizardness but the truth of the matter ia supermarkets are here, they bully suppliers and supply joe pulic.
    Without demand there is no supply. A uk boycott of all should work.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

People and customers complain, company staff find it amusing.

That’s out of context and unfair. If the ‘complaints’ were about genuine issues, they’d be no laughing. Stop being provocative for the sake of it.

hora
    Free Member

You are being provocative. How about cancelling suppliers orders. Thats one tactic.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

My Mrs works for Tesco head office so is certainly in the know

Well if she is in the know as you state, then she will no doubt be working on the solution to get it back on track, my local Tesco extra was virtually desolate at 6pm last Friday.

Jamie
    Free Member

Lord Ruffington Woofwoof, appears to have made a mess on the carpet.

iolo
    Free Member

It was crazy busy in Sopron, Hungary last night. 20 minutes queue at the tills.

hora
    Free Member

cbmotorsport does your other half select the horses for their prime cuts?

neilwheel
    Free Member

That’s out of context and unfair. If the ‘complaints’ were about genuine issues, they’d be no laughing. Stop being provocative for the sake of it.

I have just gone back to read the whole thread as I thought I must have missed some funny posts.

Turns out, no, all seem like valid complaints to me, apart from the obvious jokes.

The amount of utter rubbish being quoted on this thread is brilliant.

I’m not sure how someone could laugh this off…………..

For what it’s worth, three out of five nearest supermarkets to me are Tesco. The local bakery survives but most other independent food shops are gone.
    The worst Tesco is especially bad, often smelling of off dairy products and ‘grey’ meat products in the fridges. Stock is often poor, or the aisles filled with trolleys straight of the lorry. Staff are generally obviously unhappy, often look absolutely knackered and in the “bad one” will push past you and some of them are very smelly too.

No, I don’t go to Tesco very often.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

The amount of utter rubbish being quoted on this thread is brilliant. My Mrs works for Tesco head office so is certainly in the know, and has had a good chuckle at some of the crap being posted

You’re selective about what you quote Neil.

Some means not all.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

cbmotorsport does your other half select the horses for their prime cuts?

That’s a bit cruel !

neilwheel
    Free Member

cbmotorsport
    You’re selective about what you quote Neil.

neilwheel
    But this does seem to be the common attitude of large company head offices, not just Tesco.

[b]My Mrs works for Tesco head office so is certainly in the know, and has had a good chuckle at some of the crap being posted[/b].

People and customers complain, company staff find it amusing.[/quote]

I had already covered that part, sorry, didn’t realise I had to include it again.

cbmotorsport
    The amount of utter rubbish being quoted on this thread is brilliant. My Mrs works for Tesco head office so is certainly in the know, and has had a good chuckle at some of the crap being posted

neilwheel
    I have just gone back to read the whole thread as I thought I must have missed some funny posts.

Turns out, no, all seem like valid complaints to me, apart from the obvious jokes.

Jamie
    Free Member

That’s a bit cruel !

It’s horable.

scotroutes

Living alongside the A9 I note that Tesco is the only one of the supermarkets making an effort to reduce road congestion by using the rail system. They’ll therefore continue to get my custom. It’s also worth saying that the locals have been pushing for years to have the Tesco in the village replaced – by a much bigger Tesco. Having finally put the nature conservation issues to bed we are all looking forward to it opening next year.

Viewing 22 posts - 161 through 182 (of 182 total)

The topic ‘Tescos – price or ethics issues bringing them down ?’ is closed to new replies.