Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Tesco mobile – Any good?
  • Harry_the_Spider

Got some silly cheap deals at the moment and my EE contract is coming to an end.

Is the coverage up to much?

phiiiiil

They use the O2 network. I use them, and have had no particular problems with them having been on vodafone before.

BigJohn

Mrs BigJohn & I moved from Orange to Tesco and it’s all fine. The capped tariff is a good security measure. Last month Mrs BigJohn went to Turkey without extending her credit. When she went over the cap they sent her a text. Even though she’s a bit of a technophobe it was easy (and free) to up her limit and keep being able to make calls.

We’ve both got Moto Gs at £12.50 a month (hers is 4G too) and they’re spot on.

redstripe
    Free Member

Kids used it for years no problem but all on giffgaff now, both same network using 02

I’m on Tesco as well.
    It was the cheapest deal I could find at the time and has been fine for the two years or so that I’ve been with them.
    They do a deal where if you add another phone, you both get extra minutes, data or texts, so I got one for Mrs MTG Junior as well with a cap on use.

c_klein87

Tesco here to, much better than the money grabbing b@stards that are EE, least they warn you when you’re on the limit, good customer services as well

Harry_the_Spider

Thanks all. It look like I’m moving, although last time I asked Orange / EE for a MAC number they instantly halved my tariff!

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

We looked around for the best deal with a new smartphone. Tesco were way cheaper than any main carrier.

avdave2

Wife and eldest daughter are both on tesco. Good value and the more people with them in the family the more extras you get. Also they guarantee the cap which not everyone does.

Eddiethegent

I spent 15 years on contract with Vodafone before I got tired of their poor customer service and expensive calls. I transferred to Tesco PAYG simply as they were the cheapest but my expectations weren’t high.

While transferring my old mobile number Vodafone screwed up – Tesco were on the case and sorted it all out within an hour. I’ve not been able to fault their service and would recommend over any of the more established operators.

MoreCashThanDash

Another happy camper here as well.

prettygreenparrot

coverage is surprisingly good compared to a few years back. 4G coverage is OK in some cities. BUT data costs look high.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Tesco mobile – Any good?’ is closed to new replies.