Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Tesco Mobile
  • jimster01

Anybody on Tesco Mobile, I’m currently on Three and feel the need to move.

DezB
    Free Member

Can highly recommend Talkmobile.
    Best customer service I’ve ever encountered. Truly! 🙂

Rockhopper
    Free Member

It uses the O2 network if that helps you.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Mrs Gob has a sim only deal, £10 a month for something like 2000 minutes

sharkbait
    Free Member

Been with them for about 4 years or so. CS seems fine and the price is OK –
    £9/month for shed loads of mins, 5000 sms and 4Gb data. I pay for 5 phones so the prices needs to be good!

May change to EE if I can get the same deal.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I had a absolute nightmare with them about 4-5 years ago and vowed never to use them again, and I won’t.

I’m with ID at the moment for my Son’s mobile, mostly because they’re offer a cap on charges or I’d be looking at a zillion pounds a month in data charges otherwise.

You can use comparision sites for this sort of thing now.

DezB
    Free Member

because they‘re offer a cap on charges

I think all will cap the charges on kid’s phones if you request it.
    Talkmobile have been so good, any minor tweeks I need, they set up immediately. Needed a new sim, came the next day and activated in minutes.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I think all will cap the charges on kid’s phones if you request it.
    Talkmobile have been so good, any minor tweeks I need, they set up immediately. Needed a new sim, came the next day and activated in minutes.

I spoke to a few other providers via livechat, they best they would offer would be text alerts when you’re about the run out but onto to number being used, which would be ignored, with EE you have to reply with a text to say you’d like some more, very expensive data please, which would happen, almost imeadiatley and then again every 30 mins forever more.

I didn’t try them all though and I was a bit hampered by the fact I don’t habe a personal mobile contract I could add a sim too.

DezB
    Free Member

I must’ve struck it lucky. Soon as I mentioned it was a child’s phone, they asked how much data it shuold be allowed – I said Zero, so they blocked any data. Didn’t know they would before buying the phone.

Coyote
    Free Member

I’ve moved over to Tesco from Vodafone and am delighted to say that it has been a 100% positive experience. Vodafone on the other hand are by far the worst in terms of customer service that I have had the misfortune to deal with. Appalling company.

MoreCashThanDash

Been with Tesco for years, never had a problem. Jnr now on it as well on a family deal.

BigR

Sharkbait – how did you get 4GB data, current £9 offer suggests 1GB? I am with them and get 750mb, 1000mins and 5000 texts for £10 and due renwal.

I have found them a delight compared to vodaphone.

jekkyl

I’ve been on tesco mobile for over 6 years iirc, never had any problems. Coverage was bit patchy previously but it’s getting better every day and generally pretty good. I even get an H signal at work now!!

sharkbait
    Free Member

Sharkbait – how did you get 4GB data, current £9 offer suggests 1GB? I am with them and get 750mb, 1000mins and 5000 texts for £10 and due renwal.

The deal back on October 2016 should have been 2Gb of data but there was a special on doubling it to 4…. and I knocked another £1 off just ‘cos.

My only real reason to swap to EE is that they now have 4g in a pretty remote area where we stay quite a lot while O2 have 2g at the very most. But I have a dual sim phone so I can just drop a PAYGO data sim in for short periods.

devash
    Free Member

I was with their sim only deal for a good 3 years, never had a problem. Now on Giffgaff (same network I believe) again on sim only and no issues. I have no idea why folk get dragged into these expensive monthly contracts with the big networks just to get the latest phone.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Tesco Mobile’ is closed to new replies.