Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Tesco Finest Double IPA
  • jimjam
    Free Member

I tried a bottle of this last night and was very pleasantly surprised.

Made by Brewdog apparently. For 9.2% it was quite easy to drink, not overly bitter or hard work like some very hoppy IPA’s. For £1.99 worth a punt any day.

Lifer
    Free Member

For me it’s the season of
    (Serving suggestion)

But I imagine 9.2% provides quite the winter warmer too!

rewski
    Free Member

Made by Brewdog apparently

AKA Hardcore IPA, nice drop

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

The Tesco one is just rebadged Hardcore IPA I think? Which is a good thing, a good tipple at own label prices.

peterfile
    Free Member

For me it’s the season of

Oh aye 🙂

Might of mentioned this before, but I had about 10 pints of OP in the Dales a few years ago, before setting off at 5am for a winter 3 peaks attempt. Not the best decision I’ve ever made! 🙂

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I’m into Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference London Porter at the moment. Bit spendy on their own but there’s a deal for 3 at the moment.

jimjam
    Free Member

MrSalmon – Member

I’m into Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference London Porter at the moment. Bit spendy on their own but there’s a deal for 3 at the moment.

On that note, this is lovely

Lifer
    Free Member

peterfile – Member
    Might of mentioned this before, but I had about 10 pints of OP in the Dales a few years ago, before setting off at 5am for a winter 3 peaks attempt. Not the best decision I’ve ever made!

I’ve made A LOT of brilliant* decisions after several of The Legend.

*terrible

ericemel
    Free Member

Currently drinking this from Majestic Wine. £1 a bottle and very decent!

Linkie

CountZero

I tried a bottle of Tesco IPA from the little shop attached to the filling station along the road, I think it was their Simple range? Anyhoo, I think it was about £1.49, and very drinkable it was too.
    Looks like I’ll have to check that Double IPA out, just the thing for these dark winter nights!
    Thanks for the tip. 😀

Mugboo

Tried a bottle for the first time the other night, very nice indeed but I’m a sucker for the Brewdog stuff.

I’m also drinking a homebrew beer called Evil Dog Double IPA, worth a look if you like Punk IPA, it doesn’t taste the same but it’s pretty good for 60p a bottle

allthepies
    Free Member

Try the Revisionist Dark IPA in Tesco, lovely.

And… Asda have a 4 bottles for £5 offer on which includes Old Peculier and Riggwelter, my stocks are coming along nicely 🙂

garage-dweller

Op you are spot on that is a very fine tipple. I bought it expecting to be disappointed and was delighted to be proved wrong.

jimjam
    Free Member

Now if they’ll just make me a tesco finest leffe brune I’ll be laughing.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Tesco Finest Double IPA’ is closed to new replies.