• This topic has 27 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by andyl.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Terrorist attack in France
  • project
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-33284937

Seems as if a car full of gas bottles had been driven into a gas plant and blown up , chap decapitated, and numerous other injuries to staff, etc, better coverage on sky new.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Saw it on Vice news. France is proving to be a hunting ground for Islamist attacks

legend
    Free Member

That initial report reads more like one nutter rather than a properly planned and executed IS type attack

jambalaya
    Free Member

IS is encouraging these loan wolf style attacks

DaRC_L

loan wolf

is that related to a Grexit?

Northwind

legend – Member

That initial report reads more like one nutter

Reports suggest two attackers drove into the factory carrying a flag with Arabic writing on it.

Agreed it doesn’t sound like a “professional” terrorist attack though, it’s all a bit glasgow airport- filling a car with gas cans and trying to blow it up is less deadly, statistically, than just driving it.

chewkw
    Free Member

As if this is a surprise … 🙄

France has a ticking “time bomb” for a long time.

It is a matter of when and where it will happen.

Liberty and vive la France!

😛

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes but these attacks are very disruptive with a big PR impact and are relatively easy to plan. It is exactly this sort of attack and with one / two guys with guns which IS is encouraging

I wonder why they chose this building, just to make the biggest bang or is it something to do with the owners ?

@Drac, I am able to multi task when it comes to various threads 8)

iolo
    Free Member

It’s truly awful.
    Do you think media coverage of these terrorist attacks are actually causing more? i.e. that IS/Al Qaeda/whoever terrorists know that it will be on the front page of most Western newspapers and on most TV news.

jambalaya
    Free Member

From Sky News

The severed head had Arabic writing scrawled across it and was found on a fence next to two jihadi banners, a French official said.

iolo yes of course they want press coverage but it has to be reported

the-muffin-man

Do you think media coverage of these terrorist attacks are actually causing more? i.e. that IS/Al Qaeda/whoever terrorists know that it will be on the front page of most Western newspapers and on most TV news.

Even if it was, in this day and age there’s no way to keep a lid on this sort of news.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Jamba – Air Products are a US firm, there might be a greater reason than that but who knows.

Do you think media coverage of these terrorist attacks are actually causing more?

Of course it is, it’s free publicity!

It’s not about keeping a lid on it, it’s about denying them a platform. As soon as mainstream outlets do this they wouldn’t have any publicity. See any other mass murderer or serial killer.

crankboy
    Free Member

can I be the first to suggest a false flag operation?

jambalaya
    Free Member

@squirrelking thanks. Sky says its not clear whether the beheaded person was killed on site or the body brought there.

Paris is still full of soldiers, we saw them everywhere last weekend. However they cannot be everywhere and cover the whole country. Apparently police have some specific local suspects in mind

chewkw
    Free Member

I think they should keep getting free publicity to see how far they can push others.

See if others will retaliate …

Northwind

jambalaya – Member

I wonder why they chose this building, just to make the biggest bang or is it something to do with the owners ?

I think it’s the multinational Air Products Ltd? This is just proper STW armchair bollocks, but, I suspect they’ll turn out to be basically idiots, who thought they were going to blow up a gasworks and create a huge explosion, and ended up trying to blow up a tank full of argon or something. But sadly had a manual backup.

jambalaya
    Free Member

is that related to a Grexit?

@Drac
    just got that, bit slow this morning (was a late one last night)

jambalaya
    Free Member

Friday during Ramadan

France – beheading
    Tunisian hotel – 27 casualties
    Kuwait – mosque bombing

piemonster

And a Kuwaiti mosque suicide bombing

andyl
    Free Member

Was just reading about all these on the headlines 🙁

and with all this going on people still do stupid things like this:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/the-moment-a-queens-guard-soldier-lost-it-and-drew-his-gun-at-annoying-tourist-10347240.html

Without the risk of attacks it is a stupid thing to do but with the current risk level I hope the guy needs new pants and will never be so stupid again.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@andy – yes stupid disrespectful tourists

Warning: photo of mosque bombing casualties

chewkw
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member

@andy – yes stupid disrespectful tourists

That boy/tourist should not be born to consume the world resources.

jambalaya
    Free Member

The twitter account of Charles Lister linked to above has images of older tourists shot dead on beach in Tunis plus an imagine of the dead terrorist lying next to his automatic weapon

Sad day

project
    Free Member

27 now dead at Tunisian beach, and 2 tourist hotels hit another terrorist attack so sad,

toppers3933
    Free Member

That guys twitter feed isn’t exactly Lolcatz is it. Crikey.

jambalaya
    Free Member

No indeed not, he’s a visiting academic in Qatar. The photos I saw of the students lined up and shot in Kenya where pretty grim too.

andyl
    Free Member

120 dead in Syria too: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-33285699

Not a good day

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Terrorist attack in France’ is closed to new replies.