Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • Terrible service from Bikeinn.com
  • bomberman
    Free Member

Sorry for the rant but you all need to know you’re letting yourselves in for with before you order anything from there.

I ordered a helmet on the 9th, they sent me an email on the 10th saying there were “logistical problems” and they “inform me of a change in avaliability”, and the delivery date would now be the 13th.

It is now the 20th and still nothing. So i emailed them saying to cancel the order because i wanted to buy it from Wiggle. They replied “we have shipped it this morning!”. But they didn’t supply a tracking number or confirmation email. The original email they sent me says:

“The estimated delivery date has been recalculated as per availability of all the items you purchased. Once all your items are ready to be shipped, your order will be dispatched completely.

Once we´ve shipped your order, you will receive then a dispatch notification email containing your carrier details, tracking information and your invoice.”

But there is no confirmation email and no tracking number.

I sent them a load of expletives telling them i wanted the order cancelling and they sent me this response via email:

“Good Morning,

Your tracking number was 36639123571, but after your repeated rudeness and insults we have proceeded to stop your delivery. We are going to refund the amount of your order to your account in a few days.

Have a nice day”

So basically, they don’t have stuff in stock they just take your money and hold onto in while feeding you a load of BS about your order status. I mean anyone can make up a tracking number, you just tap a load of keys on a keyboard.

They did a U turn, i got the result i wanted, but i won’t be buying anything from there agian.

creamegg
    Free Member

awesome story

martinhutch

Ah yes, but have you actually received your refund yet? I’m sure they will be falling over themselves to process it.

bomberman
    Free Member

By the way they are Spanish so basically overseas. I had a similar experience with a Chinese Ebay seller recently who made up an excuse that a lens i bought had been lost by Royal Mail. Then they said that they had one left in stock, but that it was broken. The item was a very popular Yongnuo 35mm f/2 lens that was selling for normal price, which is unusual as it’s been going for double online.

An American Ebay company called Shoe Metro (or Apparelsave as they are called on ebay) sold me the shoes i wanted at a knockdown price without a box, next thing i know i get an email from a company called “Customs Clearance Ltd.” wanting £13.75 in handling and taxes to release my item, claiming they are working as a middle man for UK Customs. They say that if i refuse the payment then the item will be destroyed and i won’t get a refund, Ebay are looking into this for me.

Three items, three dodgy sellers!!

I would advise to pay a little bit more at the moment and stick to UK sellers as there seems to be a lot of bad blood about online.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Had a similar thing where it said the thing was in stock and dispatch in 48 hours on website and then by e-mail when i ordered

three days later e-mail them and they say they are processing my order.
    Check website says none in stock for 6 weeks
    Send them web page asking what is going on
    Two days later they reply saying delivery in 6 weeks – automated e-mail not the one I sent.
    Had to chase up for a refund but they did do it fairly quickly

overall my rating is Dave Hinde

bomberman
    Free Member

Ah yes, but have you actually received your refund yet? I’m sure they will be falling over themselves to process it.

I am slightly worried about this. It’s wednesday so we will see how many days it takes to pay it back into my paypal account.

taxi25
    Free Member

Not good service I agree. But do you always resolve disputes with expletive laden outbursts 🙁 🙁

bomberman
    Free Member

Junkyard was that from BikeInn.com?

bomberman
    Free Member

But do you always resolve disputes with expletive laden outbursts

No, do you?

It obvoiusly worked.

DezB
    Free Member

Thanks, I consider that useful info. Even if others are falling into the “Oh, this is STW I must find a way to slag off the op for starting a new thread” ways.
    I’ll know not to use the “Inn” brand of shops. They have plenty of competition. eg. the “Start” brand of shops, who have always been reliable as well as cheap.

andyrm
    Free Member

I sent them a load of expletives telling them i wanted the order cancelling and they sent me this response via email:

No excuse for that.

You’re now without product and waiting on refund so have neither money nor product.

There is never, ever an excuse for rudeness.

bomberman
    Free Member

Oh Dear. Thanks DezB at least someone finds it useful.

I am honest that’s all, and human.

thomthumb
    Free Member

sounds very similar to my experience with trekinn

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Classy !

creamegg
    Free Member

post your email of expletives up so I can use it as a template for future correspondence 😆

bomberman
    Free Member

I think some people are just on here for the troll.

On the flip side i just emailed Triton Cycles and within one minute i had a response. Now THAT is good customer service!

And anyone else who wants to slag me for having to resort to expletives to get what i am entitled to as a consumer, i hope you get royally f^cked 🙂

Goodbye!

robdob
    Free Member

After working in retail for a long time before my current job I can guarantee you that using expletives to try and get your way will guarantee that they will do their level best to give you the minimum service they have to by law and string it out as long as possible to annoy you even more.

Nice people who are reasonable (you can be firm and polite you now) get the best service. Idiots like you get no favours at all.

robdob
    Free Member

Goodbye!

Shut the door on your way out please…

martinhutch

And anyone else who wants to slag me for having to resort to expletives to get what i am entitled to as a consumer, i hope you get royally f^cked

Goodbye!

Potty-mouth!

bigrich

have you considered some form of outdoor recreational activity to burn off some of that simmering fury?

I suggest golf.

bomberman
    Free Member

After working in retail for a long time before my current job

No wonder you’re that way out, i feel sorry for you for having to work in retail.

smug little sh*te!

martinhutch

Hang on, he’s back already!

Rorschach
    Free Member

i hope you get royally f^cked

I live in hope…thanks for the best wishes.

bomberman
    Free Member

There really are some idiotic low-lifes on here during the daytime aren’t there? Isn’t there an episode of Pointless you could be watching?

I’m trying to give you a heads up about a company who are blatantly lying about having shipped my item and had hold of my £60 for the last 2 weeks.

Any threads like this are just troll-bait to you morons.

m360
    Free Member

So basically, they don’t have stuff in stock they just take your money

Yup, that’s exactly how the “inn” group works. I waited 8 weeks for a rucksack, but then I knew I’d be waiting 8 weeks. Also, they didn’t take payment until it became available.

As for the rest, they kept you updated (more than most companies do when there’s a delay in your order) and the tracking number may have arrived once the courier actually scanned the collection.

And anyone else who wants to slag me for having to resort to expletives to get what i am entitled to as a consumer

You are not entitled to be rude and aggressive to staff, and had that been the case in a “real shop” I’d have thrown out. Just like you expected to be treated with civility in your job.

Moral of the story? You need anger management. If you want something in a rush buy it in a shop and pay the premium, or don’t be such a tight arse and support UK stores (such as Wiggle) who actually hold stock and deliver next day.

Life sucks, things get delayed, people are human and make mistakes.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Start the flouncedown timer.
    Also that’s racist…there’s plenty of low life idiots on here in the evening time too.
    (for gawds sake…don’t mention his hat 😯 )

robdob
    Free Member

There really are some idiotic low-lifes on here during the daytime aren’t there? Isn’t there an episode of Pointless you could be watching?

I’m trying to give you a heads up about a company who are blatantly lying about having shipped my item and had hold of my £60 for the last 2 weeks.

Any threads like this are just troll-bait to you morons.

And we’ve had a heads up that you’re a nasty little know-it-all who we’d rather not deal with ever again. So we have gained a useful insight from your information, even if it’s not as you intended, so thanks! 😆

theocb
    Free Member

After working in retail for a long time before my current job I can guarantee you that using expletives to try and get your way will guarantee that they will do their level best to give you the minimum service they have to by law and string it out as long as possible to annoy you even more.

Nice people who are reasonable (you can be firm and polite you now) get the best service. Idiots like you get no favours at all.

That seems a bit of an odd thing to say Robdob.. (was the name calling supposed to be ironic??)
    Reasonable retailers wouldn’t have got any nasty swear words form big bomber.

scandal42
    Free Member

Poor fella really does struggle to express himself without using personal insults and swear words it seems.

Seeing as you are being a hero and trying to safeguard the masses from being had by these inhumane companies, maybe you could take the time to post your email reply to them so that you can educate us ‘morons’ on how to get shit sorted?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I have posted that answer out to you and your tracking number is 1235784596

scotroutes

Never had any problems with the Inn group and they often sell stuff I can’t find elsewhere

robdob
    Free Member

That seems a bit of an odd thing to say Robdob.. (was the name calling supposed to be ironic??)

Call it as I see it! 😉

Reasonable retailers wouldn’t have got any nasty swear words form big bomber

Beleive me, you do. Every day I used to have to deal with people who would scream and shout, swear at you and issue verbal threats to harm and kill you over the tiniest of issues. I worked in a shop which was known for great service and we prided ourselves on it. I would bend over backwards to help customers and sort thing out when things went wrong over and above what we needed to do.

3 examples….

– threatened with being attacked when I finished work over 50p change (they were wrong but we gave them 50p anyway before the threat was given
    – threatened with violence over a sofa order which we had quoted a delivery time for and it was still within that time and we offered a full refund – ended up calling police to remove from premises.
    – screamed and shouted at by a bloke who said he was a “lawyer” and would sue us for his time for a faulty mower he had to bring back – turned out it had run out of petrol.

It seems that no matter how nice and helpful you can be there are still some people who have anger management and respect problems and treat shop workers like scum.

theocb
    Free Member

I’m sure you can see the irony, you got annoyed with big bombs so you call him a name on here.

Bomberdude was annoyed so swore a bit to get his money back (he was hacked off at being messed around)

I’m sure he didn’t mean to start this thread to open those old wounds of yours :cry:, perhaps therapy would help.. time to let that stuff go now. X.

bomberman
    Free Member

Moral of the story? You need anger management.

I don’t need anger management, i’m just allergic to bullsh*t!

I never, ever have sworn before at anyone in retail before, ever. But when you’ve been waiting weeks and that money is in someone else’s account and you email them to say “please can i have a refund” and they turn around and say “we shipped it this morning!!”, and you KNOW it’s bullshit because they can’t provide a tracking number, you would be angry too. Don’t try and pretend it’s not the case. Some people will take liberties until you get annoyed and then do a U-turn just as this company did. Seriously i’m here to give advice, not take it.

But if people like you are happy to have money taken out of their account and have nothing to show for it for weeks and weeks then more fool you.

Me, i’ll fight for my rights as a consumer because i have a spine and a pair of gonads 😉

robdob
    Free Member

I’m sure he didn’t mean to start this thread to open those old wounds of yours :cry:, perhaps therapy would help.. time to let that stuff go now. X.

Never used to bother me to be honest, I always felt sad for them that they had to resort to being nasty.

you would be angry too.

It is really worth being “angry” at? Really? Annoyed, yes, but you can get your money back easily enough. I’ve had similar problems before with other retailers but stay polite but firm and you’ll have no problems. I would almost understand someone swearing face to face as it’s in the heat of the moment but typing it in an email to a shop is bizarre.

NZCol

Do you need a hug ?

Rorschach
    Free Member

i have a pair of gonads

I don’t think anyone here can deny that.Although I suspect a few do question their positioning.

CraigW
    Free Member

Wiggle will price match Bikeinn/Runnerinn.

nealglover
    Free Member

I am slightly worried about this. It’s wednesday so we will see how many days it takes to pay it back into my paypal account.

It’s Thursday.

Hope that helps.

theocb
    Free Member

Rob, you’re missing my point (deliberately perhaps.) You could have chosen to make your original point in this thread without name calling, instead you decided to be rude and offensive.

It’s hypocritical to then lecture the bomb on how to deal with these things when you couldn’t express yourself without doing exactly the same.

😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Terrible service from Bikeinn.com’ is closed to new replies.