Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Tents: Decent, light, not cheap ones, for bike touring
  • josemctavish
    Free Member

I know you said no more recommendations but this the tent me and the claustrophobic missus use for cycle touring:

Scarp 2

It’s 1.7kg, tall enough for me to sit up in (6ft) and has doors either side. Also has a choice of mesh or solid inner liner and optional extra poles to take it up to 4 season use.

Waderider
    Free Member

Nice campsite jmct, Traigh Sheileboist dunes if I’m not mistaken? Or is it the campsite to the south (dunes are worth a try). A nice bit of machair 😀

MrSalmon
    Free Member

That Mountain Hardwear one has an awful lot of mesh on it, which IME can be a bit draughty so that would put me off that one for a start. At first glance the Mtn Equipment one looked to have a lot of extra porch, but if you’re on motorbikes I don’t suppose it matters.

josemctavish
    Free Member

Good spot WD, thought it was time for a shower after three nights wild camping – the wife definitely agreed! So many great spots out there though.

Waderider
    Free Member

Continuing thread hijack – that’s the way I do it to, as many nights as I can tolerate wild camping/bothing till the dirt gets too much, then a campsite for a good shower. 😀

(my photo above is looking in that direction, over West Loch Tarbert)

josemctavish
    Free Member

Aye, it’s good for marital relations to not push your luck when it comes to roughing it! That’s a great pitch for the Akto – always thought I was going to get one but wanted double sided openings and a bit more room so the wife would be up for coming along.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have a wild country trisar Great tent, two folk can sit up in it at the same time comfortably, good porch to cook in, we have had 4 people sitting in it, mine is very robust ( but it is an older one)

We lived out of it for 4 months motorcycle touring

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Tents: Decent, light, not cheap ones, for bike touring’ is closed to new replies.