Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tent recco please
  • funkhouser
    Free Member

after a small 2/3 man, only for me to sleep in but like a bit of space and room for an air mat… quick and easy to erect, just for the odd one nighter at events. doesnt have to be ultra-light for backpacking. will only be put up at sites. £100 ish?

cheers

matt_outandabout

You won’t go wrong with a Vango Beta 350 – get the one with the porch (xl) for more space.
    We bought some after a few tents got trashed in a storm on Mull for the outdoor centre – and they waaay outlasted the £60odd each we paid.

The only real negative was glass fibre poles and cheap, noisy groundsheet.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Cheers, was thinking something more like a tempest or a banshee but like the look of that Beta!! – reckon you could park a bike in that porch space?

m360
    Free Member

Banshee or Zephyros are both good tents if you want something smaller and lighter. Banshee probably has a bit more space in it but a bit heavier.

The Vango Alpha 300 has plenty of living space for £70, or the Vango Soul 300 is compact but only £55.

Loads of options!

wombat

+1 for the Beta 350.

I’ve had (and abused) one for 6 or 7 years now and it’s been excellent.

Roomy for 2, comfortable for 3 as the porch area is really handy for storage.

I’m 6’2″ and can sit upright inside without my head coming close to the skin of the tent.

HTH

medoramas
    Free Member

My wife bough me this one at Argos for Bonty24/12 last weekend.

I didn’t have a too high expectations, but after testing it in some rather hard conditions (who was there knows what I’m talking about…) I must say it is very good! I don’t camp a lot, but setting this tent up made me look like some professional tent erector! 😆 About 5 minutes to set it up! Took a bit longer to take it down though, but it was because it was in heavy rain… I assume in decent conditions it takes 5 minutes too.

And it is waterproof – despite the awful rain there was no leak, it kept me comfortable dry and warm during my 2 hours sleeping times 😉

Cheap, light and good.

funkhouser
    Free Member

thanks the replies, i ordered the Beta 350 from Decathlon (together with mattress and foot pump for £100) mainly because really like the bike garage at the front!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tent recco please’ is closed to new replies.