Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tent question.
  • donsimon
    Free Member

I am thinking about getting a tent, nothing special just something from Decathlon.
    One of these:

or, one of these:

The second one is easy, but what I want to know is can the first one be erected and taken down by a single person on their own?

Any feedback on either tent would be quite nice too. 😀

mmb
    Free Member

i do a lot of camping and own a massive tent which can be put up quite easily by just me and my wife, you should not have any trouble doing it on your own just practice a few times before you go away with it!.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

I'm not familiar with any of these models, but pretty much any smaller (1-6 person) tent can be put up by one person. Your patience and temper may be tested though.

You should be able to buy and test putting it up, if you're not happy just take it back.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Looks like a simple poles in, pegs in and you're done sort of tent to me, can't see it being too difficult as long as you practise first 🙂

br
    Free Member

We camped last year in The Peaks, and had to help the 5 folks next to us trying (for the first time) to put up a large tent in a gail…

Yet 2 of us had put up our (bigger) tent with no probs.

steelrider
    Free Member

You would be fine, I managed to put our Gelert horizon 8 up on my own last year, it's all down to technique.

Northwind

Just do it in the garden or local park first! Most tents are easy if you know what you're doing and almost completely impossible if you don't.

TiRed

Tunnel tents are easy for one person. Peg out the end, feed in the poles and tension them. Then pull up the front and peg it down. Practice once in the garden. I've put ours up single-handed in the dark after arriving late. To be honest, it's harder packing them away in the bag. The dome-like giant tents can need two people and weigh more.

If I were looking again, I'd buy an Outwell with a sewn in groundsheet.

regards,
    daren

firestarter
    Free Member

I manage an outwell Montana 12 by myself so I can't see either of those being too taxing

mudpup
    Free Member

Definitely get a sewn in groundsheet – stops it flooding if you're unlucky with the weather.
    The Decathlon ones dont seem to have it
    And my local Decathlon have a tent display set up outside but every tent is falling apart so i reckon the quality isn't great.
    Check out GoOutdoors for Higear, Vango or Outwell (15% extra off everything today including special offers
    Try this one

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tent question.’ is closed to new replies.