Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tent advice?
  • scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I wanna buy a tent. Mainly for getting away for the longer bombing raid biking trips that I didn’t do enough of last summer.

I’m not going to be lugging it around, so I thought of something bigger than a 1 man, so I could fit my bike in with me with the wheels off.

So, looking for something:

3 man size
    Fairly warm – although I won’t plan to be out in midwinter, some of those early spring nights can be cold
    Easy to put up (I’m a right dunce when it comes to putting tents up
    A little open porch space for cooking etc
    Around £150

Any particular ones I should be looking at 2nd hand?

For new I was thinking along the lines of the Vango Halo 300.

Anyone got any recommendations?

sparkyspice
    Free Member

I’ve got a Vango Banshee 300 and it’s awesome although you might need a tad more room…

northernmatt

I was going to say Vango Banshee 200 but the porch bit is very small, cheap for what it is though and takes about 5-10 minutes to put up if you already have the inner clipped in.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Cheers guys. The Banshee 300 did interest me but I did wonder if I would be able to fit a broken down bike inside. I could get something smaller and sling it in the car, but if I have to park some distance away, I’d rather have the bike with me.

Good to hear decent reviews of the Vango range though.

northernmatt

I saw a bloke at a site a year or so back in a Banshee, couldn’t tell if it was a 200 or 300, but he had him, his bike and a border collie in it. It looked snug.

thebrowndog
    Free Member

Go large if you never plan to carry it on your back or bike. Coleman Coastline 3 Plus – 155cm of headroom and a big separate porch for the bike and/or changing out of muddy gear.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

That Coleman looks good – shedloads of space! Is it easy to assemble?

ribena
    Free Member

Deacthlon do some great large “pop up” tents if its for carrying around in the car…
    http://www.decathlon.co.uk/2seconds-xxl-ii-tent-id_8205983.html

motorman
    Free Member

Vango Arc 400 for what you describe – very big & easy to put up, lots of headroom.

thebrowndog
    Free Member

That Coleman looks good – shedloads of space! Is it easy to assemble?

We’v got the big family sized version of that tent and I can get it up and ready in about 15 minutes. They’re dead easy and dirt cheap and as long as you’re not too hard on them – be careful when you insert the poles into the sleeves, tension it properly and make sure you store it dry – it’ll last for years.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Quite tempted by the vango ark 300+ now. like a cross between the Coleman and the ark 400 with a claimed 5 minute assembly time. £99. May well have a winner.

Cheers all.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tent advice?’ is closed to new replies.